Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: 2 More Sleeps...Saturday Soon Come :)

User Info Menu

2 More Sleeps...Saturday Soon Come :)

Can't believe it is almost here. After our 5th trip to Negril last November, I went immediately into serious Negril Withdrawal (not pretty), so the only remedy was to book another trip. So I have been waiting on this visit for a long time.

Didn't think we were going to see the day. Our trip back to my hometown in So. Cal was cancelled because I was feeling pretty darn frisky one night and broke my hubby. Actually I tweaked his back. It was embarrassing telling the doctor how he got into that kinda pain

He got a facet injection and was feeling good. Then that darn Hurricane Irene visited and blew 50 foot pines into my pool. My hubby knows that nothing messes with my pool, so like the loving hubby he is, he got the trees out of the pool and helped out the 80+ year old neighbor with his tree. Well, after that he couldn't move. Literally couldn't move. He kept up the brave manly-man face at each doctor visit. Finally I had to speak up to get him an MRI which showed he completely blew out his disc and it was lodged in his spine. After the results they sent him to the top spinal surgeon. Again, the brave manly-man bravado almost cost him dearly. He wouldn't cop to how bad things were. So with my big mouth, and lack of diplomacy. I told the doctor that his "you know what's" were numb (yepper....numb nuts). Well he went in that day for emergency spinal surgery. That was 8 weeks ago. Thank heavens he is healing beautifully. Thanks to me speaking up, he did not suffer permanent damage.

I however, am going to have to be the luggage mule. So instead of one heavy luggage for the 2 week trip, I have 3 that I can lift. Oh well...we are going to Negril.

Then my 96-year old Mother-in-Law's health declined rapidly last week. We would so stressed that we would leave and not be able to relax, waiting for the phone call. Yesterday we laid her to rest.

If all of that weren't enough. On April17, 2010 we came back to Negril. Landed that morning and that night we got a phone call that our 30 yr. old son-in-law died unexpectedly, with our daughter 6 weeks from giving birth to their first child. We caught the next flight back. She moved back home to be with her family and gave birth to our beautiful granddaughter. Needless to say, our house has been chaotic since then.

So we are hoping to get to Negril, take a deep breath and exhale and just chill for the next 2 weeks.

Hoping to run into some boardies while we are there.

Will definitely write a trip report and include lots of pictures

Saturday soon come!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

So sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Aud-A-Sea View Post
    Our trip back to my hometown in So. Cal was cancelled because I was feeling pretty darn frisky one night and broke my hubby. Actually I tweaked his back. It was embarrassing telling the doctor how he got into that kinda pain
    Congratulations. You have written a post that may beat GerryG123 in the "Too Much Information But I Read It Three Times Anyway Dept." LOL

Oh. My. God. I love your honesty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Wow Aud-a-Sea, reading this I was thinking about all the things that we had gone through and how much we were looking forward to our make up trip after one long year.....but goodness, you guys REALLY deserve this.
    And let me tell you, our re-do was NO disappointment, and totally worth the wait!
    I know yours will be too!
    Your exhale is coming! You can make it!

Soon come!

Have a blast!

User Info Menu

Aud-A-Sea - enjoy your reach and RELAX - you deserve a good holiday.
    Some music for you to finishing packing by:

Duane Stephenson (w Tarrus Riley) - EXHALE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwWmoYXX96s

Brasi - I love your sense of humour ... still LOL

User Info Menu

Aud-A-Sea - I'm so sorry for your loss and all the struggles you and your loved ones have been through.
    I hope this vacation gives you a lot of relaxation and peace. You deserve it!! I'm sending good vibes your way
    Enjoy every minute in Negril! I know It's going to be wonderful!

Looking forward to hearing about your trip when you return!
    Best wishes,
    Daisy
    Carpe Diem

User Info Menu

Let me chime in here too. You definitely deserve some R&R after all you've been through.
    Have the most wonderful trip EVER!
    dorisw

2017 was our 15th trip to Negril. Other islands we visited: Cozumel, Mexico (4 times) St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada, Aruba, Harbour Island, Bahamas, Anguilla, St. Maarten/St.Martin, Ambergris Caye, Belize (twice)

User Info Menu

Thank you everyone for the good wishes and condolencenses.

Life throws you curves and you have to get through it together with your family. Doesn't mean it it always easy, but the Lord has his ways and he keeps us together.

Today was our last day at work, all the kids will be here tonight, including our son who just served 4 years in the Marines and is back home along with his wife. I am going to make one of their Mom Mom's dishes they loved so much and pass on the love and tradition to the next generation.

I believe you enjoy every day. Live for today and plan for tomorrow. And smile through it all. A little wine and Xanax don't hurt either

But right now, 2-weeks back in Negril will recharge the batteries....and even though I plan on re-breaking in my hubby, I promise I won't break him this time.

ONE LOVE!