Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bourbon Beach Closing?

User Info Menu

Bourbon Beach Closing?

Been seeing numerous reports on Facebook about Bourbon Beach closing. Is there any truth to that rumor? Does anybody know why?

User Info Menu

Re: Bourbon Beach Closing?

Hoping Rob will chime in on this one.

User Info Menu

seems to be true from various posts

User Info Menu

I said in April this would probably happen, much root of crime problem.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jojo p View Post
    I said in April this would probably happen, much root of crime problem.
    Root of crime problem?

User Info Menu

From their Facebook page:

"Good morning everyone!!! We would like to Thank everybody who has become a part of the Bourbon Beach journey but our time has come to an end! Bourbon Beach is official closed for the moment. Keep following our page for further updates. All official announcements will be posted here!!!"

User Info Menu

Wow, that’s sad news!! It’s a place you take for granted that it would always be there. Hopefully it somehow reopen for high season. I’m still not over losing Angela’s pizza last summer!!

User Info Menu

Booger,
    I assume you want me to elaborate. Maybe I should of used the term ''nest '' instead of Root. First of all, I don't know if they were required to shut down, or did it voluntarily. What I do know is since Maureen left, it coincided with a complete change of '' cliental ''.. If anyone has been paying attention, it has changed drastically over the last few years. It use to be a place for hotel employees to relax, and have a drink after work. Also for locals and tourists alike to enjoy concerts. The reason they haven't had any bigger named concerts the last couple years, and they have been at places like roots bamboo, and even Drifters, is because they didn't Issue permits to BB.. why , I do not know, but heard different things. The popular bartender that was there forever was murdered, ( not there ) but elsewhere, and many stabbings, drug bust reported. Why this was allowed to be happening , I can't tell you, but the vibe the last couple years , definitely uneasy, and different. I said to at least a half dozen friends in April, watch, this place will shut down.....many rumors going around , which I will not add to here... hope it gets situated as it was such a great spot in the past for folks to enjoy !

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Gee and I still think of it as "De Buss". How many years ago was that?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rtitle View Post
    Gee and I still think of it as "De Buss". How many years ago was that?
    Here is when we explained it...

http://www.realnegril.com/beingees/nn040203.htm
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!