Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Thoughts and prayers to the Bahamas

Administrator

User Info Menu

Thoughts and prayers to the Bahamas

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all of our Caribbean neighbors in the Bahamas.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Thoughts and prayers to the Bahamas

massive prayers.

my best friend lives on freeport. i whatsapped with her this morning and she said they're getting electricity via generator. she's shocked that they still have cable tv. everyone is freaked out that the storm is just stalled over them.

my husband is in port au prince and he said that the town of les cayes, which is where our family is from and in the area that would be in the path of the hurricane, is doing ok- not too much rain.

it sounds like florida might make out better than expected if the storm continues its current path and doesn't change course.

we've been getting heavy rain here today in brooklyn- no labor day parade for me this year.

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, the smaller Cays in the Abacos have had catastrophic destruction. Guana & Green Turtle Cay and Lubbers Quarters are not recognizable and Elbow Cay is 90% destroyed. This is going to be a long road back for many. Once the storm clears, there will be recovery efforts by many of the Friends of Abaco Community but it is heartbreaking. Fortunately, there has been no reports of loss of life in these Cays, lets hope it stays that way.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Thoughts and prayers are not going to be near enough to help the Bahamians in the immediate future.

I have been through both Ivan in '04 and Gilbert in '88.

The.. aw crap, words don't even seem useful... Nothing I add can mean anything.

But I do suggest, please assist the Bahamas any way you can. Be sure that it is a truly legit relief effort. No support can be wasted.

They need help more than I can imagine...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Thanks.

Administrator

User Info Menu

The Red Cross is helping, please contact your local branch or contact the Bahamas Red Cross at:

https://bahamasredcross.org/donate/

They need everything...

User Info Menu

and now...it appears that yet another big blow in the northern islands on the way!.... God-Jah spare them
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning