Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September 11th

User Info Menu

September 11th

May we never forget!!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Re: September 11th

Forget what?

User Info Menu

Every year at 10:28 AM, the ferries gather motionless, facing the WTC and sound their horns for 60 seconds in memory of the North Tower collapsing.
    View from my office today:

Name:  1029 am WTC.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  289.6 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyNYC View Post
    Every year at 10:28 AM, the ferries gather motionless, facing the WTC and sound their horns for 60 seconds in memory of the North Tower collapsing.
    View from my office today:

Name:  1029 am WTC.jpg
Views: 490
Size:  289.6 KB
    That's cool Mikey, thanks for sharing.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rtitle View Post
    Forget what?
    rtitle, terrorists attacked the USA 18 years ago today. Thousands of people were killed.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I was joking of course. I was in Negril right before that happened, and I was back in Boston on Sep 11 2001. It was surreal watching it on TV from Boston; would have been even more surreal watching it from Jamaica I imagine.

User Info Menu

We were able to tour the 9/11 memorial a couple years ago while visiting NYC for our first time. It was very moving and something I will never forget.

User Info Menu

........would have been even more surreal watching it from Jamaica I imagine.
    Yes, it was. I was there (just retired) staying at Yellow Bird. That was before TV's or phones in the rooms. Carol-Ann was the manager and she had a tiny TV in the office. She came down to tell me but, to be honest, I thought she was joking. Then I saw it for myself. It was horrific.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

I was joking of course. I was in Negril right before that happened, and I was back in Boston on Sep 11 2001. It was surreal watching it on TV from Boston; would have been even more surreal watching it from Jamaica I imagine.
    Not a good day or event for joking..........

User Info Menu

Wow. Very poor taste. Lay off the rum.