Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for r/t transfer Montego Bay airport to CLiffs in November

User Info Menu

Re: looking for r/t transfer Montego Bay airport to CLiffs in November

Quote Originally Posted by woodmont99 View Post
    Looking for $100 r/t transfer for 2 adults in November from Montego Bay Airport to Cliffs (no wait at airport - land and leave)
    I am sure there must be somebody that would do it for this price but, then again, I would just trust "anybody" to be there on time when you want, drive safely to Negril and treat you right as well. Not everything is worth skimping on the price, in my opinion.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    I am sure there must be somebody that would do it for this price but, then again, I would just trust "anybody" to be there on time when you want, drive safely to Negril and treat you right as well. Not everything is worth skimping on the price, in my opinion.
    Well stated Bill, I've been in business for almost 40 yrs and have never used the lowest bidder for anything except finance/bank interest rates

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
    Well stated Bill, I've been in business for almost 40 yrs and have never used the lowest bidder for anything except finance/bank interest rates
    It is hard to imagine that anyone could stay in biz charging $25/person to go between Mbay and Negril.

User Info Menu

Our driver for the last 20+ years charges $100 each way for 1 to 4 people and $25 per each additional person. Very nice high top, extended length, newer van. Stops for shopping, drinks, food, sightseeing along the way and includes a cooler of cold ones for the ride.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Kold Ass Mofo;211917]It is hard to imagine that anyone could stay in biz charging $25/person to go between Mbay and Negril.[/QUOTE

If they had a lot of business and only had 3 or more people on each trip. Even then, they wouldn't get rich from it. I think a lot if not most of the drivers are also running a route when they don't have airport pickups or dropoffs or a tour scheduled.

The reason I have always been against "bidding wars" on airport transfers here on the site is that race to the bottom that doesn't account for the "personal touches" that each one of us like about our favorite drivers. If I want cheap, I take a JUTA bus. If I want to go to a Cambio, grocery store, Digicel Store and have a great ride with a friend, I use Linston.

The trip can be long enough even with a friend but riding with a stranger who you can't relax with while they drive, makes the trip seem like it will never end.

Just my opinion.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

If they had a lot of business and only had 3 or more people on each trip. Even then, they wouldn't get rich from it. I think a lot if not most of the drivers are also running a route when they don't have airport pickups or dropoffs or a tour scheduled.

The reason I have always been against "bidding wars" on airport transfers here on the site is that race to the bottom that doesn't account for the "personal touches" that each one of us like about our favorite drivers. If I want cheap, I take a JUTA bus. If I want to go to a Cambio, grocery store, Digicel Store and have a great ride with a friend, I use Linston.

The trip can be long enough even with a friend but riding with a stranger who you can't relax with while they drive, makes the trip seem like it will never end.

Just my opinion.

I agree. The race to the bottom does not serve anyone well.

We had the same taxi driver for decades until he retired about 5 years ago. He used to hang with us at music venues and we loved having meals with the guy.

We have been calling on Luxurious Carib Tours for Mobay transfers for a few years. Its like spending a few hours with old friends at the beginning and end of the trip. Stop for grub, hit the store, all good. Andre and his guys are top notch. He has done much for me and my family.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post

Just my opinion.

I agree. The race to the bottom does not serve anyone well.

We had the same taxi driver for decades until he retired about 5 years ago. He used to hang with us at music venues and we loved having meals with the guy.

We have been calling on Luxurious Carib Tours for Mobay transfers for a few years. Its like spending a few hours with old friends at the beginning and end of the trip. Stop for grub, hit the store, all good. Andre and his guys are top notch. He has done much for me and my family.
    I agree, Luxurious Carib is the closest you'll get to that guys asking price, especially when you consider the quality Andre and his guys bring..

User Info Menu

I have been using Phillip's Jamaica Tours for years (Info on transportation page). Truly an honest and fair person. Has nice transportation and is always there on time and when you need him.

User Info Menu

We have been using Clive's Transport for years with no issues. Very reliable. $130 US roundtrip to Negril for a private transfer. You can price on the website.

User Info Menu

I also have been using Clive's Transport for many years..always on time & very reasonable rates $50.00 one way shared van ride..www.clivestransportservicejamaica.com
    876-956-2615