Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to stay 20 day?

User Info Menu

Re: Where to stay 20 day?

Quote Originally Posted by Weeboy1 View Post
    Hi, that’s Canadian. I’m open to suggestions but lean toward staying on the beach. Done the cliffs before and it is beautiful but we find we miss the beach access , food and people.
    Chippewa Village could be a good option

User Info Menu

Well I just did a Trivago search and you can get into Negril Palms for $68/night + tax for Dec 1st-21st. I've stayed there and it's nice (I thought my room was as good as CCLP, even though you'd probably be better off wandering to The Yard Beach House for a better bar experience). Also $51+tax at Fun Holiday... the cosmic Moose has stayed there a couple of times, so I'm sure it's decent. Finally you can go to the Negril Beach Club for for $60+ tax. I would take all of those over Roots...

FYI, That's all US$..
    Last edited by ukran1ans; 09-26-2019 at 08:06 AM.

User Info Menu

Any issues using sites like Trivago and the like to book rooms in Negril? I have never used them but given the low prices am curious

User Info Menu

Thanks all, have stayed at negril palms before and did like it. It’s no coco but price is right.
    I will check into it as well as Alfreds, fun holiday, travellers etc.
    Want a bargain but because it’s 20 days don’t want bargain basement...if you know what i mean.
    Thanks again for the input.

User Info Menu

Is bar b barn up and running again?
    They seemed closed last November but they come up on the booking sites.
    1700.ish Canadian for Deluxe room with breakfast incl.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

If you don't insist on being right in Negril, you can get much better deals on Airbnb. Airbnb shows plenty of places available, anywhere from $17/night on up. For those unfamiliar with Airbnb, it's like staying in someone's home as a houseguest. You have to sign up and create a profile so the host knows who they are renting to. It's worth signing up if you travel, since it's all over the world and you can find great places to stay. I can recommend an Airbnb in Lucea I've stayed at in the past.

User Info Menu

weeboy,
    I do believe Bar b Barn is reopened..I would call direct though and really get a good feel talking to someone person to person...they positive is they have great breakfast, a nice bar, t he negative, right next to Bourbon Beach. As far as a place that has a decent social bar , in your range and good area on the beach, Fun Holiday, or Alfred's. While Travelers is on the far end of the beach, next to town, there are a lot of folks that like it there, but a narrow, small beach is a deal breaker for me there. It all depends on what's important to you. Where I stay would be good . White Sands , but I doubt they would have an opening for such a long stay at that time, but worth a call, direct number..1-305-503-9074. Good luck !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rtitle View Post
    If you don't insist on being right in Negril, you can get much better deals on Airbnb. Airbnb shows plenty of places available, anywhere from $17/night on up. For those unfamiliar with Airbnb, it's like staying in someone's home as a houseguest. You have to sign up and create a profile so the host knows who they are renting to. It's worth signing up if you travel, since it's all over the world and you can find great places to stay. I can recommend an Airbnb in Lucea I've stayed at in the past.
    Well...thanks for the input but not really close to what I originally asked about. I’m staying in Negril, prefer beach, and I’m not staying in Lucea!

Anyone have thoughts on Bar b Barn? Almost stayed there a couple years ago but it was booked.
    Looked to be a charming little place similar to white sands.
    On Expedia can be had for just over 1600. Canadian all in.
    Also seriously looking at negril palms. Been there before so I know exactly what I’m getting. It’ll be well over 2k though after I ad the needed fridge to the room.

User Info Menu

Thanks Jojo just saw your post after my last one.
    Have stayed at white sands before and really enjoyed it. I don’t believe they have availability for my times.
    Good info ,appreciate it.
    Ken

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Weeboy1 View Post
    Thanks all, have stayed at negril palms before and did like it. It’s no coco but price is right.
    I will check into it as well as Alfreds, fun holiday, travellers etc.
    Want a bargain but because it’s 20 days don’t want bargain basement...if you know what i mean.
    Thanks again for the input.
    Well I said the Negril Palms room was similar to CCLP, not the whole property Plus, when I stayed there, it was Sept and I got it for $50/night+tax. In the end, my place is usually WS but it's tough to get in there this late because it has a huge crew of return patrons...
    Last edited by ukran1ans; 09-26-2019 at 08:06 AM.