Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Question about October

User Info Menu

Question about October

I know, I know another question about October. I promise I won’t ask about the weather 😝

My question is a little more specific. We will be visiting last week of October. We are used to slower season (always go end of April) and we like it slow. I’d imagine it being similar to that time of year or is it ghost town slow? Will there be musicians and Cortis(aka fruit lady) and Norman and Barry? I don’t mind quiet but I’ll feel incomplete without the usual suspects roaming the beach.

Anyone been that time of year that can help me get a feel for how it will be. Thanks!

User Info Menu

Re: Question about October

“Any fruits? Any mango, coconut, papaya, any pineapple?” I’ve been there every end of October-November since 2006. Travellers since 2016, live music somewhere on the beach each night. Not sure how Bourbon Beach closing will impact the live music scene. Someone on a bike selling patties (don’t know if it’s Norman, never bought one). The other fruit lady is there, as well. It’s enough action for me, still enough vendors trying to make a living. Enjoy, No worries!

User Info Menu

IMO Barry is bad news
    https://www.tickerfactory.com]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jdub View Post
    “Any fruits? Any mango, coconut, papaya, any pineapple?” I’ve been there every end of October-November since 2006. Travellers since 2016, live music somewhere on the beach each night. Not sure how Bourbon Beach closing will impact the live music scene. Someone on a bike selling patties (don’t know if it’s Norman, never bought one). The other fruit lady is there, as well. It’s enough action for me, still enough vendors trying to make a living. Enjoy, No worries!
    Thanks for the info! I’m ready to go!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JahCruiser View Post
    IMO Barry is bad news
    Well, I know some people think he’s a shady character. Over the years I’ve gotten to know him. He frequents the area I stay on the beach. He’s always been very kind to us. He’s actually hilarious once you get talking with him. Do I trust him 100%?... nah probably not... but I like him and I’d miss chatting with him daily if he wasn’t there.