Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: White Sands, Rooms, or Fun Holiday Beach

User Info Menu

White Sands, Rooms, or Fun Holiday Beach

We are going to Negril for our 30th Anniversary in March and we can't decide between White Sands, Rooms on the Beach, or Fun Holiday Beach Resort. Which hotel would you choose and why? I've read good and bad reports on all. We will be traveling with another couple and one single guy. We would prefer a nice ocean view room with a balcony, otherwise we will be out walking the beach and exporing most of the time. We are not interested in an all inclusive as we like try different foods.

User Info Menu

we stay at ROOMS for the last 3 yrs, great location, booked again feb. 3rd - 19th, soon come

User Info Menu

white sands really does not have ocean view rooms but we love it there feb. 6-23 im ready

User Info Menu

Is this your first time there..is the question.

User Info Menu

No, we were there 10 years ago and stay at Nirvana. We loved it, but it's a little out of our price range this time.

User Info Menu

We have stayed oceanfront at Rooms 4 times and really enjoyed it. Nice rooms and great location. We don't do much on the property as far as food & drink but you have lots of options nearby. Good luck with the trip and happy anniversary!

User Info Menu

I've stayed at Rooms in Jan 2011. Quiet concrete construction, good but not exceptional staff. The bar & restaurant suck so plan on eating elsewhere. As noted above, great location with lots of eating choices within easy walking distance. We are looking at Fun Beach Holiday for next reach so am inyterested in other's experiences and opinions on it.

User Info Menu

Stayed at White Sands this past April for 15 days. Garden Side. Rooms are very simple and clean. No TV, which I love! (Who needs TV in JA?!?!) Could have used a ceiling fan, only cause I'm not a big fan of AC (which worked just fine). Price is Right. Staff is nice (bartenders can be a little grumpy from time to time, but I did get some crazy strong drinks from them!) Food is ok. I always venture out to eat and check out other bars. I like the beach there. Its small, but some nice shade spots and they have that little roof top. Its also right in the middle of everything. That was my first time on the beach side. I'm also thinking about trying Fun Holiday in December (1st - 17th). Love to hear what others say about it...
    ONE LOVE!

MIDIRI (A.K.A. FUD)

User Info Menu

I've stayed at Rooms and it was very reasonable for beach accomodations, I thought it was great. My same sentiments with the restaurant and bar back when we stayed. No Fridge but I think you could get one at an extra fee. They had an on site laundry and ice making machine. We just filled our soft-sided cooler and left it in the shower with our beer - water and softdrinks. Across the road is Miss Sonia's - we had a great meal there one night. Also you just need to walk left or right on the beach and all you have to do is make choices. We lucked out with a special but depending on time of year that's not always possible.