Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth bringing my own alcohol ?

User Info Menu

Re: Is it worth bringing my own alcohol ?

Treewacker, sounds like you carry it on but there's nothing left to carry it off.
    If you are worried about something, do something about it. If there is nothing you can do, why worry!

User Info Menu

STONERS6 with buddies like u.... I have to bring all the booze I can carry... see ya soon. And it's your turn to buy the first round..

User Info Menu

lol Treewacker !!! and I believe you're right !

User Info Menu

I've never bothered bringing anything down. I would only consider it if I wanted to bring something I couldn't find there. Prices are comparable, normally a little cheaper there. The only things I've found to be much more expensive are wines.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aezb View Post
    I've never bothered bringing anything down. I would only consider it if I wanted to bring something I couldn't find there. Prices are comparable, normally a little cheaper there. The only things I've found to be much more expensive are wines.
    any idea how much a bottle of crown royal is in JA

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicalance/jamaicamary View Post
    any idea how much a bottle of crown royal is in JA
    I'm not sure, it's not something I typically drink. I've found most spirits to be comparably priced (gin, vodka, rum, cognac) so I imagine it would be similarly priced. If it's your drink of choice it could be something worth bringing down as I'm not sure how common it is. Maybe someone else can speak to availability?

User Info Menu

I was at the Megamart in Montego couple of weeks ago and bought beer, wine and couple of spirits. American wine was very expensive..2-3 times more then US but Argentinian and Chilean was very reasonable. The US hard liquor brands I found to be expensive..Grey Goose vodka..Sapphire Gin ect..at least double of US pricing. Not a bad idea to check out duty free from your last airport leg to Jamaica or the duty free at the airport when you come to MBJ which is somewhat limited tho..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    The US hard liquor brands I found to be expensive..Grey Goose vodka..Sapphire Gin etc...at least double of US pricing.
    I agree ............ prices high everywhere in JA for booze compared to US - different story for Canadians though - for them the prices are about equal to Canada prices

We always bring a few repackaged bottles of our favorite alcohol for drinks of our choice. We also re-package condiments (olives, pickles, blue cheese, etc....) which are hard to find in JA. Average vodka for bloody marys first thing in the morning, top shelf Tequila for sipping as needed during the day, and Titos or Ketel One vodka for martinis or gimlets before sunset and dinner.
    We re-purpose empty plastic Schewppes Tonic Water bottles for the booze and use zip-lock bags for the olives, pickles, bloody mary seasoning or what ever. We them over-pack each tonic water bottle in a gallon zip lock bag and pack the ziplock bag in a Rubbermaid reusable sealed plastic containers. We have found that the zip-lock bags are easier to store in the small room refrigs instead of a jar of olives, etc....

At the end of the vacation we leave the plastic containers for the hired help who always love them.

We have never have had a problem with spillage or customs. We do the same thing where ever we travel, not just Jamaica.

User Info Menu

mi wouldn't bother with distilled booze...….with wine yes.....wine is expensive in Jamaica
    just buy your booze at the Duty Free Shop on arrival has they have good prices on booze.....
    it will save you room in your luggage too......you can thank mi lata

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Isn't the Duty Free Shop before Customs? If so, you still have the limit of how much person you can bring into Jamaica - two liters per person.