Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth bringing my own alcohol ?

User Info Menu

Re: Is it worth bringing my own alcohol ?

It is right after you clear the first customs desks..right by the the money exchange..if memory serves me correct..

User Info Menu

I like scotch so we always pack a 1.75L bottle of Chevas in a giant ziplock for our room. I wish they would sell this in plastic bottles weight-wise but we've never had any breakage.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    It is right after you clear the first customs desks..right by the the money exchange..if memory serves me correct..
    If this is the case then the two liter limit does not apply and you can buy and bring in an unlimited amount of booze ? ? ?

User Info Menu

Captain Oil...you should be able buy as much as you want as you have already cleared customs at MBJ when you are purchasing in the duty free shop in the airport after the arrival..its just somewhat limited selection...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    Captain Oil...you should be able buy as much as you want as you have already cleared customs at MBJ when you are purchasing in the duty free shop in the airport after the arrival..its just somewhat limited selection...
    Not true. The first desk you clear at the airport is Immigration. Then you pass through the duty free and collect your checked luggage. Then and only then do you clear customs. I have had them question my 2 one liter bottles and the lady did say she would charge me duty. I reminded her that travelers from abroad are allowed 2 liters of liquor. She didn't like that I corrected her. That is correct, 2 liters per person, but she didn't like that I knew more than she did.

User Info Menu

Maybe it was how you corrected her....
    Tact and diplomacy even when you think you’re right.
    Also I believe you are only allowed to import 1 litre of spirits and 1 litre of wine each. Not 2 litres of spirits each. (As per the form)
    Maybe she did know more than you think....
    Last edited by Weeboy1; 11-11-2019 at 05:19 PM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

So the answer is two, litres per adult.

User Info Menu

Last edited by Weeboy1; 11-11-2019 at 11:04 PM.

User Info Menu

We are traveling with a group, therefore the booze order is quite large. For the second time I am using CPJ Market online. If you spend over $100 it is free delivery to Negril. There is a good selection of wine.