Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth bringing my own alcohol ?

User Info Menu

Is it worth bringing my own alcohol ?

Is it worth bringing my own alcohol or are the prices comparable to cost in the US ?
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

Re: Is it worth bringing my own alcohol ?

Don’t carry liquor unless saving five bucks is worth the chance of it breaking in your luggage. I have considered bringing wine, I’ve always said, you can find the very best bad wines in the world right here. I am kind of kidding even wines are getting better here. There’s a duty free shop on the way to pick up your luggage.

User Info Menu

I have been bringing the small Black Box wines..about 3 servings per box..double ziplock them..and cross my fingers..no problems so far

User Info Menu

We always pick up a couple bottles of Tito’s at duty free from our departing airport in the states.....then carry them on. Found this cheaper than any option in JA plus don’t have to take the chance of breaking in checked luggage. Just remember it has to be at the airport you will be departing to JA in case you have a connecting flight.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info .. thought about using getting some locally and using the plastic break proof bags people use on cruise ships, but I think just buying in JA or getting duty free is a better route

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamman View Post
    Thanks for the info .. thought about using getting some locally and using the plastic break proof bags people use on cruise ships, but I think just buying in JA or getting duty free is a better route
    Then again if I used a plastic cruise ship bag they may toss it because its not in a sealed/labeled container

[/url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamman View Post
    The duty free in MB is less expensive than where I live. Our local bars charge $4.00 to $6.00 US for a Red Stripe. I could actually save money buying alcohol in Jamaica if I didn't drink 5x more than usual.

User Info Menu

"Is it worth it" is always the interesting question. You might - MIGHT - save a few dollars. But another way to rephrase this question is "Is it worth the few dollars I might save to do the shopping myself, repack the bottles for transport, lug it all around, and have it in my room instead of wherever I happen to be when I want a drink, plus miss the opportunity to sample local drinks I've never had or local variations of drinks I like?" My answer is obvious. To me, if you're doing extra work to save $50 on a $1500 or more vacation, it's clearly not worth it. YMMV, or as my Dad would put it, "to each his own."

User Info Menu

I always buy two 1 ltr bottles at duty free they go in my carry on .
    Two for 30$ Canadian is a steal to me . I usually gift one on arrival to my host or a local friend . 1ltre is enough for me for a week of drinks in my room when needed

User Info Menu

if you are coming from CANADA it way better to bring duty free, especially if you can carry it on.