Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hidden Paradise Hotel

User Info Menu

We split our time between Hidden Paradise and SATP. Overall it was a good value for what we paid, considering we always go AI. We chose it because each room had the verandah to relax on.

Pros
    Friendly staff, nice property, tasty breakfast, good location: with a shop and internet cafe nearby.

Cons:
    low water pressure, worn out towels, breakfast took forever/late, pool was not up and running when we got there.

Since I mostly do A/I I would not go with A/I for $105 per person at what is a basic 2 star place. I rate SATP about 3.5 star and Couples 4. Five stars is way out of my budget:-)

I would choose this property (ROOM ONLY) again for what we paid, what we needed, and what we got. Selinas made one of the best pizza I ever had including in Italy:-)
    IREE....JAMAICAN BORN AND BRED

User Info Menu

I've been staying there for years..am booked there next month also. I have to agree with the other posters regarding the owner and staff being great. The breakfast is really good. I did the A/I the very first time I stayed there 9 years ago...since it is kind of limited I would opt for just the room. You can eat out, or you can eat and drink at Mama Flo's across the street, so it's really convenient. They include a fridge which is awesome. I love the big patio because when you are done with the beach for the day you can just chill out on the patio, have some cold drinks (from your fridge) and listen to some music. Ok, now I'm getting anxious for my trip!
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

I stayed at Hidden Paradise 3 years ago at $80/nt, and that included breakfast. The rooms were more than adequate, spacious enough, clean enough, with a handy little frig. HP has a very nice view of the morass, but not the ocean. Personally, I like to see the ocean as soon as I wake up. With the now reported price of $105/nt, it wouldn't be my first option. I might mention that while the breakfasts were tasty, it took them forever to serve it, wasn't worth the wait, and since it was included in the room price, I felt obligated to take advantage of the meal I had paid for. You might consider asking for a discounted price that doesn't include the breakfast, then pick up some fine homemade orange juice, spice bun, and canned cheese from the little grocery store a couple doors down the road.