Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spirit airlines

User Info Menu

spirit airlines

what's your experience with them? some good deals for the first week of feb. Leave on the 4th it's Total departure airfare per customer including all taxes and fees: $161.39 - $161.39, return on the 15th it's
    Total return airfare per customer including all taxes and fees: $206.77 - $206.77.. Don't know why on the 4th the base price is 99 dollars and the 15th it's 79 but more in fees...

User Info Menu

well Spirit is by far not mi favorite airline.....if the cost is close....
    mi would go with another airline.......
    I personally don't like the nickel and dime stuff...
    like for booking online($36 hidden in the taxes and fees), boarding passes($5 starts Jan), seats, luggage, etc

however their fares to Montego Bay from most US cities this winter....is at an all time low..........
    for all year they were hovering around $400R/T or more from Orlando or Tampa.......
    for whatever reason........in January and February.......the flights right now are around $200 R/T!

so pick your poison quite carefully...hopefully none of us will be one of those customers screaming at the Spirit employees...

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Last edited by Marko; 11-18-2011 at 11:53 AM.
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Marko, when I heard the advertisement for Spirit Air last night on TV. My thoughts went directly to you and your last post about Spirit Air. This website helps in more ways than just a few. My home is in Atlanta so I am always traveling Airtran or Delta. I'd rather pay a few dollars more to avoid the hassle of hidden fees!

User Info Menu

Check out this thread to see/read all of my feelings and experiences with spirit airlines
    http://negril.com/forum/showthread.p...r-Buyer-Beware

User Info Menu

just read that thread...looking someplace else...

User Info Menu

Mr Biggz
    I know there are not many Spirit fans on this board, but I for one have used them exclusively for 4 years now. (and will again in January) My choices are Philadelpha, Newark or AC - AC is Spirit and 5 minutes from my house. They have had the best rates, even including add ons and my flights have never had a problem (and I'm knocking on that wood now I guess I'm one of the lucky ones!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I have flown spirit a number of times to Jamaica. Just be aware you will pay to check bags each way. They charge for seats each way and if you don't fly directly there or back you pay for your seat each plane you board ( 2 seats on the way there for example and two seats on the way back). Not sure if other airlines do this but the connection time on the way home was one hour and when we missed our connection bec. of customs and immigration delays (on-time flight) the overnight stay to get another plane was at my expense. Frequent flyer miles are difficult to use and there are long delays on the phone to speak to anyone. The anyone you speak, generally speaks English as a second language - our phrases are not understood well by them making it all difficult.
    Visit #56 soon come

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    They charge for seats each way and if you don't fly directly there or back you pay for your seat each plane you board
    Do they charge if you don't preselect your seats and just take what they give you when you board?
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

for the price.. might have to try once..

User Info Menu

Captaind, they only charge if you select a seat. If you take what they give you, there
    is no extra charge. Also, I have brought a small carry on with me every time (since they started charging) and never paid for it, nor had a problem having it.