Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spirit airlines

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mamade11 View Post
    Captaind, they only charge if you select a seat. If you take what they give you, there
    is no extra charge. Also, I have brought a small carry on with me every time (since they started charging) and never paid for it, nor had a problem having it.
    Do they charge for a standard 22" carry on?
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

We flew Spirit once and loved it!! Would gladly fly with them again if our only area airport option wasn't LaGuardia - We HATED that airport. An earlier post said they fly out of Newark - I don't believe that is correct - if things have changed and Newark is an option we'd fly them in a heartbeat!
    The Earth is the Lord's and everything in it!

User Info Menu

I just compared the flights I've used out of MCO with the Spirit fares. I don't think I'll use them next time.

I usually go for a long weekend and I like being five hours door to door. The baggage is a wash for carry on.

For an extra fifty bucks it's worth it to me...
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

We've only flown Spirit once and we loved it - We'd fly it again if it weren't for the fact that the only area airport available for us is LaGuardia - We HATED that airport. An earlier post said the flew out of Newark - I don't think that's the case - but if they are we'd fly with them in a hearbeat!
    The Earth is the Lord's and everything in it!

User Info Menu

DaRev, Spirit does not fly out of Newark - what i meant was my airport choices are Newark, Philadelphia and Atlantic City. Spirit flies out of AC in this area, and it is cheaper for me than going to Phila or Newark. Sorry for confusion.
    Captaind they do charge for a standard carry on - but allow one personal item to carry on. I've continued to use a standard carry on as my personal item and never was charged nor questioned.
    And with their miles - I have not had a problem using them. My flight in January is using their miles, and it is only cost me $102.00 total for 2 people - just taxes. Not a bad deal.

User Info Menu

the plane seats toward the back are not normal size. I felt as if I was seating in a cardboard box for three hours and I paid for the seat! The guy next to me had the middle seat and was 6 feet tall, he position his head on the seat in front of him for the entire flight (yes the seat in front was that close). They should be ashamed in how they nickel and dime their customers. Don't even mention the lack of knowledge with their staff. Google Spirit complaints and you will come up with a bunch.

User Info Menu

Spirit Airlines

We just got back from Negril,
    We thought we would get to the air port early, check our bags and check out Montego Bay... but Spirits "Gate, baggage counter, does not open until 2pm. so we sat in the airport for 4 hours waiting for spirit to "open. After your bags are checked and you pass customs the air port is beautiful. (not the lobby)
    So don't get there until 1pm.. on your return trip home

User Info Menu

I tried Spirit once & it was enough. I second all the negative aspects & experiences posted. Add to that a 4 hour delay in Ft. Lauderdale for ALL connecting Spirit flights. No thank you. In the long run I didn't save much & had a lousy experience.