Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: A day at the beach

User Info Menu

A day at the beach

Hello friends!
    We will be staying in the cliffs for our honeymoon, arriving Dec 3. We would like to spend a lazy day at the beach during our week, but looking for recommendations as to where. Looking for a place with comfy beach chairs, cold Red Stripes, and food close by. What do you recommend?
    Thanks in advance to all!!

User Info Menu

If you want to be out of the hustle and bustle of the mid beach I suggest Cosmo's up toward bloody bay.

IMO
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Margaritaville is a fun spot to hang during the day which has all you are looking for, but during high season it can sometimes get pretty busy.
    But they have nice loungers, cabanas, a bar, restaurant, bathrooms, ocean trampoline, etc.

I also always found Negril Beach Club Condos beach area to be a pretty nice option, less crowd

User Info Menu

Jamaica Tamboo
    "Yeah, I'm cocky and I am arrogant. But that doesn't mean I'm not a nice person."

—Jeremy Roenick

User Info Menu

I would also say the Negril Beach Condos/Beach club as it is a great wide stretch of Beach with nice Loungers and the Bar & Restuarant there and washrooms. Margaritaville is kind of Jeckyll & Hyde. I have walked in there and then turned and left. Sometimes they bus in great crowds from the AI's like Riu to show them the 'Jamaica' outside their walls ? You can see them all with the wrist bracelets like kids on a school field trip until they are all chased back on the bus to go 'Home' again. It just doesn't feel like its part of the Beach sometimes and is just a Tourist trap especially with the Prices to eat & drink.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marley9808 View Post
    Margaritaville is a fun spot to hang during the day which has all you are looking for, but during high season it can sometimes get pretty busy.
    But they have nice loungers, cabanas, a bar, restaurant, bathrooms, ocean trampoline, etc.

I also always found Negril Beach Club Condos beach area to be a pretty nice option, less crowd
    Good choice in my opinion, it's on the town end of the beach, and has ton of shade, and room back away from the higglers. The bar is nice as well.

User Info Menu

Sunbeach Bar & Restaurant is very popular & an easy place to hang out with chair availability! Located two doors from Coco La Palm!

User Info Menu

Yellow Bird is nice!

User Info Menu

Negril Beach Club condos beach rocks

Name:  Jam11 373 (Small).jpg
Views: 347
Size:  80.6 KBName:  Jam11 475 (Small).jpg
Views: 251
Size:  67.3 KBName:  Jam11 409 (Small).jpg
Views: 346
Size:  82.6 KB