Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Negril Beach Club Condo - Be aware !!

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear this as I've stayed there many times without incidence but I do know of others who have been robbed. I am heading there next week Wednesday and it is my first solo trip. What bldg/unit were you in? I am in a ground floor studio....I've read here that people have suggested staying on a higher floor when going solo but I know elderly sisters who were on the 3rd floor at NBCC and got robbed - this was years ago and they continued to vacation there every year since. I've always been pleased with security and make a point to meet and greet them - it just gives me an extra sense of security. Did you use the wood stick to block the patio door? I also want to know how did you sleep through the thief who appears to have rummaged through your stuff.

User Info Menu

Although the subject matter is NBCC, this can and has happened at other properties in Negril.

Ladies - if you don't invite strangers into your home then don't do it while on vacation, please contact management right away if the locks don't work on your unit, use the wood slat to block the patio door from opening, if there is a window in your bathroom - place all your toiletries on the window sill and travel with a nightlight. I can't think of other things right now.

Christine - I'm the biggest chicken ever and I would still be shook up from being robbed so I hope you are now doing okay. Don't let that thief keep you from going back to NBCC.

User Info Menu

Sorry this happened to you. It sucks for sure. Our room was robbed a few years ago as well (not NBCC). It didn't keep us from going back to Negril, but I will never stay at that same property (or any other with the same owner. We got nothing but a "I have no doubt it happened, but we can't prove it" sort of thing.

They took your diabetic testing machine? Losers.

User Info Menu

so sorry to hear...

User Info Menu

I always take the cheap audible alarms that you can buy for about $10.00(Honeywell I think) at Walgreen's. They work great and you can remove them before you leave and give them to friends there. Also cable locks, atleast two. They're not heavy, but hard to break.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican71 View Post
    Sorry to hear this as I've stayed there many times without incidence but I do know of others who have been robbed. I am heading there next week Wednesday and it is my first solo trip. What bldg/unit were you in? I am in a ground floor studio....I've read here that people have suggested staying on a higher floor when going solo but I know elderly sisters who were on the 3rd floor at NBCC and got robbed - this was years ago and they continued to vacation there every year since. I've always been pleased with security and make a point to meet and greet them - it just gives me an extra sense of security. Did you use the wood stick to block the patio door? I also want to know how did you sleep through the thief who appears to have rummaged through your stuff.
    Jamerican71,

I was in building G, was room G10. Of course the wood stick was on the door. But the stick was a little smaller than the space needed (don't know if i explain right, sorry for my english).

User Info Menu

Well there goes the Beach Club cred. How can anyone stay there after reading these posts. It sounds like an inside job so how can anyone trust any person working there including Ms Gaynair.

User Info Menu

I can't say I'm surprised, have been hearing of incidents for several years and when I stayed at the property just felt unsafe. So very sorry this happened to you, thank God you are okay. Good to hear Jean at least did something for you because I've heard of owners acting as if the person robbed did something wrong. Yes, please return to Negril but not to NBCC there are many other options and thank you for posting this and thanks Rob for allowing it to remain on the board. We all need to be aware of things, so we can make informed decisions.

User Info Menu

Yes thanks for posting and thanks for letting it stay.
    This is definately not the first I have heard of at this place and it is why I was very wary about booking and then booked elsewhere as I kept having it in the back of my mind and I still have 4 nights unbooked and was re-considering it now here we are again.I hope I made some good choices of hotels this year.I am happy to hear you are safe and well.A number of people have seen the customer service slide and I have heard of quite a few of these incidents there now.
    Check all access points and secure them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Jamerican71,

I was in building G, was room G10. Of course the wood stick was on the door. But the stick was a little smaller than the space needed (don't know if i explain right, sorry for my english).
    Your english is fine...I understood there was a stick but just not sure if it was actually in place. I will also be in bldg G - studio unit on ground floor.....I think it's the same unit. I feel very safe at NBCC and the same precautions I take at home will be the same precautions I always take in Negril and at NBCC. When I check in, I will just make sure the wood is now long enough to secure the patio door.