Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Negril Beach Club Condo - Be aware !!

User Info Menu

Negril Beach Club Condo - Be aware !!

Hi !

I's been a week that i'm back from Negril. I'v been to this resort from oct.29th.-nov.10th. Was my 3rd time in Negril and all this year. I feel bless about it. I had a wonderfull trip, met lovely people and saw people i'v met in the previous trips. However, i now have cold feet about Jamaica....Here is why:

**** PLEASE NOTE - This content has been removed since it has proved to be less than factual. ***********

User Info Menu

that is amazing...my wife and I have stayed there almost exclusively for over 20 yrs........on ground floor as I cant do stairs...........
    I have seen workers climb up to the second floor as easy as stepping up a step, so thats always not the answer..........

few Police in any country will take fingerprints at such a crime, they are no good unless you have a suspect.....plus being a rented room, there would be a "bunch"..........

we always use the safe for what will fit, but if its your "turn" who knows??

so sorry it happened to you and especially happen there.....
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

Sorry for your experience..thanks for the update. We are checking in there on Nov 27. I'll keep an eye or two open....we go every year, but always gotta keep your guard up. That just sucks you experienced that.

User Info Menu

The security manager was ignoring me and the manager of my room Mrs. Gaynair only gave me 100,00us for compensation.

you must mean 100,000 jamaican?????

User Info Menu

Scariest part about that was that you were actually in the room at the time sleeping. Very sorry to hear about this happening - any time it happens. Does tend to take the glow out of the holiday.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear this - a good reminder for me to be cautious and lock everything up!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JitterBug View Post
    The security manager was ignoring me and the manager of my room Mrs. Gaynair only gave me 100,00us for compensation.

you must mean 100,000 jamaican?????
    I mean $100.00 us.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by irie always View Post
    Scariest part about that was that you were actually in the room at the time sleeping. Very sorry to hear about this happening - any time it happens. Does tend to take the glow out of the holiday.
    Yes it does...It happened monday and i left on thursday. I said that i don't want to go back, but it really makes me sad. Everything is wonderful overthere and maybe after a laps of time, i will change my mind and go to a very secure place and be much much aware. I guess just writing it down, i realise that not going back it can't be. I'll see...

Thanks to everyone for your concern about this.

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Unfortunately I've had a similar experience at NBC on at least three occasions. One time we were on the ground floor- same thing patio door lock broken, only we had no stick just the chain which was long enough to allow a hand into the door and pull of the chain. My friend saw the hand reach in while "sitting in a compromising position in the bathroom", has this not been the case the guy would lost his hand. He yelled and scared him off so we knew we had to keep a stick in the door as well. We also did not use our patio at the last stay a month ago so we kept the stick in the door and the curtains drawn, one morning early in our stay after maid service had been through the stick was pulled out of the door, none of us did it because we did not use the door we in fact had pushed the two tub chairs so close to it you'd have had to move the chairs to move the stick and then move them back. Other tourists have had their 3rd floor room robbed when robber apparently scaled the balonys and came in through open patio door. This was a story I heard more than once over the years.
    Visit #56 soon come

User Info Menu

Thank you for posting. I am sorry this happened to you, but glad you shared so others will be reminded to be more cautious. I have to admit there have been times I didn't feel like bothering with the safe and just left stuff out...but you never can be too careful I guess. Shoot, I left my car unlocked in my own driveway one night here at home and the next day I got in and my GPS was gone. C'est la vie.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M