Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Treasure Beach 2020 Who’s Down When???

User Info Menu

Re: Treasure Beach 2020 Who’s Down When???

hey_mon, how are you and your teammates doing after the self imposed quarantine? I do hope you all are healthy?? Things here in CT getting worse by the day as they are talking about shutting down NY, NJ, and CT but have backed off that for now?? NYC is really bad!! (75 miles south of here). Nobody wants NY cars in their states!! Who knows what's next?? How is Canada doing especially out west?? So far, and I thank the Lord everyday, my family and I are healthy. Wishing you all the best and don't forget to tell everybody how much you love them!!

User Info Menu

Johng - I keep reading about the East Coast. Hang in there - hopefully you get through the worst of it soon.

User Info Menu

Rumghoul, things out here in the East are pretty scary although many more people are staying at home and out the fray. I find it mind boggling that there are still 9 US states without any stay at home orders. I have noticed that things out in Michigan are getting pretty bad too?? hey-mon what's going on in Winnipeg? Everybody OK?? Stay at home everybody!!

User Info Menu

Yep Michigan is getting hit - especially Detroit and the more populated areas. Our town isn't too bad - yet. It really doesn't seem that people get it as there still seems to be a lot of traffic out and about. My husband and I have our own business which we are trying to keep afloat, so we go to the office for a little every day - there is only one other person in our building most days. hey-mon - all ok???

User Info Menu

Rumghoul, yes I have heard that Detroit is being pretty hard hit and it seems that is true in many highly populated cities and states. I find it mind boggling that there are still several US states without stay at home mandates. Glad to hear that the numbers are low in your town but sorry to hear that you are battling to stay in business. Be safe when going out as I am sure that you are. I bet that the last thing on your mind while drinking Red Stripes in the shade of Treasure Beach was being back home in the US and facing this!! I'm not getting a good feeling about hey_mon being MIA and hope that she and family are OK!!

User Info Menu

Sorry guys, all are doing well after our 14 day quarantine! Nobody sick, just kind of sick of staying in, but our numbers here in Manitoba, and our city of Winnipeg, are so good it really is incentive to stay put. Our government has declared a state of emergency, so Things are quite different here. Grocery stores allow a set number of people in at a time and keeping the set distance from anyone is expected. Our malls and many businesses have closed for a 30 day period, possibly open in a couple of weeks I think, depending on the numbers here. So basically work from home if possible, which I am. Normally I am a collections manager at a credit union, so now moving to more of a default role and trying to assist our members with finances, deferring pmts, working on financial strategies to assist. Only essential services are operating right now so a lot of Canadians are on reduced incomes, but our government has just sent out the first wave of relief payments, so we will see. Manitoba had at last count 224 cases with 172 in our city of Winnipeg. Our population is approximately 750k so that’s pretty good. No one is going anywhere unless by necessity. It’s a different world these days, but here’s hoping it tips back to a new or al, and we learn from it. Glad to hear you guys are healthy, hope things stay afloat business wise for you guys Rumghoul. You hear about all of the things the government is promising to assist but until you have to try to qualify no one really knows. What strange days we are in.....our Easter dinner is usually a dozen or so people for dinner at our home but this year all families are staying put and I am preparing for the 4 of us only. Still got a ham, doing up the meatballs, perogies, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, and all the fixings. I think we will be eating it for days but it is my most favourite dinner so ��. Happy Easter to you and your families, here’s hoping that all stay healthy and enjoy this time with your families.
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Glad to hear everyone is ok hey_mon!!! Your Easter dinner sounds wonderful - I am going to attempt a quiche for Easter brunch for the two of us. Our first wave of government payments should be out soon. We should be ok - since we can't travel we aren't spending anything anyway. Stay safe everyone! Hoppy Easter.

User Info Menu

Rumghoul, hey_mon and all the great people who may read this. It is my ultimate hope that everybody is healthy and safe. Here on the Right Coast things are leveling off but the amount of ignorance of those not following common sense is troubling. Many people out and about without face masks or social distancing is alarming. It seems that people believe it's safe to resume life as usual yet the virus is still hospitalizing and killing hundreds by the day. Rumghoul I see the call has been made to "Liberate Michigan"!! hey_mon what's going on in Winnipeg and Canada as a whole (I know really sucks without the NHL Playoffs!!). I'm staying quarantined at home with my family and "Knock on wood" we're all OK. I haven't heard much from friends in JA but I'm hoping that things are survivable!! God Bless Everybody!!

User Info Menu

Yes - people of Michigan had enough not so much that the stay at home order was extended, but they really doubled down on a few things - like landscaping people cannot work (tons of small businesses out of work - plus older people cannot have their grass cut), you cannot go out in a boat with a motor (a lot of people fish in the great lakes for food) and several other things. Most people feel our governor is trying to get attention to become VP and not really caring about the people of the state. We are fine though. Glad you are too! I keep in touch with a few friends in Treasure Beach - they are all good so far.
    On another note - if anyone watches the voice (I never have, but I have started this season), a friend of ours - Todd Michael Hall - is on it. He is on tonight in some battle where the public votes so if you are interested tune in! Stay safe everyone!!!!

User Info Menu

Hey guys, gals, and all lovers of treasure beach! Always good to hear everyone is healthy! Still doing the social distancing, self isolating up here. That’s really unfortunate Rumghoul about the restrictions on grass cutting and fishing. I think this is such an unknown thing and everyone is flying by the seat of their pants, some things make sense, some not even close. And then politics comes into play, and well, all common sense leaves the room. At least we can escape it each year for a few weeks, and play in the sea and laze in the sun and drink too much rum and beer! Our numbers in Manitoba are very good and the premier will be making an announcement this week coming where I believe they will be relaxing some restrictions. I will remain cautious, believe I will be working from home for a few weeks yet, so I can go out in the yard at lunch and get some good old vitamin D. Spent the last couple of days getting the yard raked, leaves cleaned up and tomorrow is patio furniture wiping down and yard set up. Boy oh boy are we missing our hockey. This is my favourite time of year for so many obvious reasons, but playoffs are always the hilite. Saturday nights seem flat without a good game to watch. We officially lost our beloved Byfuglien, and that’s a big hit for the Jets, and the fans, as he has been a fan favourite since he came here. Watching him haul two guys out of a fight by the jersey and skate away is legendary around here. Oh well, wait and see how the NHL is going to handle things. Have also been checking in with some friends in Treasure Beach as well as Negril, and all is well so that’s good news. Take care guys, stay safe and healthy. SNL is doing another episode from home tonight Johng, enjoyed the last one. Cheers!
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley