Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Treasure Beach 2020 Who’s Down When???

User Info Menu

Re: Treasure Beach 2020 Who’s Down When???

Think we got home last night just in time. Here is a pic of Sangster airport at 2:00 yesterday afternoon!!! Name:  67006CFE-2ED9-4B52-9F9D-4A13ED3D7613.jpeg
Views: 6176
Size:  2.62 MB
    Last edited by hey_mon; 03-15-2020 at 05:09 PM.
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Glad you are home!!

User Info Menu

hey_mon glad to hear that you made it home safely and that you had a great trip. Stay healthy!!

User Info Menu

We did but are doing the self quarantine work from home thing. Is very surreal for sure. Walking into the Mobay airport and it was so quiet for a Saturday at 2:30. Usually you are struggling to get through the masses. So far so good, we are all 11 of us healthy, and this too shall pass. Pining for warmer times though, that’s for sure.Name:  E827D0A8-B2A4-44ED-BBC1-F48AE1E9F889.jpeg
Views: 6595
Size:  409.2 KBName:  5703D0E6-BDC9-494F-A0C8-A5B207BCEB40.jpeg
Views: 5467
Size:  2.03 MBName:  FFC613CD-3243-4D3B-A38B-143FC6144600.jpeg
Views: 5844
Size:  3.52 MB
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

still going??
    "I'll love you till the stars fall out of the sky "

:cool

User Info Menu

So we are officially into day 8 of self quarantine since returning. My windows have more nose prints from me these days than the dog or the cat! All kidding aside, this is a very uncertain time for sure and we will continue to stay inside, only venture into the yard or go for a walk when it gets to be too much. When we see someone coming towards us we cross the street so as to avoid any contact. Have been working from home for the past week as our whole office has been sent home, thankful I am still be working and saving for next years island adventure. This year was fun but 11 people under one roof is an interesting experiment in human dynamics for sure. Marblue was lovely, love the location and the rooms, and it prices out well. Seaside villa was very nice as well. Cannot complain about anywhere we have stayed in Treasure Beach, that’s for sure. Never did see Kory when we were by Sunset, only Janette a few times. It seemed pretty quiet there, and people were saying it was a quiet year overall this year. Hope things can return to normal soon. I know this will take a while to get over and the implications will be felt for much longer. Speaking of, what will happen with your youngest sons wedding this April Johng? Has it been postponed? And your anniversary trip to New Orleans Rumghoul? Will you chance it in May? I know they have a really good music festival down there as we did the Beale Street music festival the year I turned 50, but I feel like that will all be cancelled this year. 2020 is really turning out to be a year to remember, and not in a good way. Here’s hoping you guys are doing okay, staying put, and this will be a bad memory and we can move forward with our lives.
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

Hey_mon (I got it right!!) - Glad you had a good time (hopefully all 11 are still talking, that can take a toll on some people) and even more glad that you are home safe and sound (even though you are seeing more of your home than you wish at this crazy time). Things were very quiet in TB when we were there in February as well. People who live there now are very worried about the future as everybody has cancelled and they will have nothing coming in. It is a great community and they will pull together to take care of each other. Michigan has just issued a 3 week shut down starting at midnight tonight - my husband and I will be able to continue working in the office as we are essential to keeping the business afloat - plus there isn't anyone else left in our building right now. We are not cancelling New Orleans but it doesn't look good - will wait and see how everything plays out. We were in Arizona a week ago - came home last Friday. Easy to keep distance apart on plane as there were only about 30 people on flights. Airports bars/restaurants were open - keeping people seated a distance away from each other. Was also wondering about Johng's sons wedding - have read so many stories about cancelled weddings, what a shame. All that planning time, money, excitement to be cut out with nothing. I agree 2020 will be a year to remember but not in a good way. It is like a bad dream you cannot wake up from.
    I did book Villa Du soleil for next year so I have that to look forward to, and spring is coming - we went for a couple walks yesterday, then it snowed last night.
    STAY SAFE!!

User Info Menu

Greetings hey_mon and Rumghoul, glad to hear you are doing well. You are doing the right thing with the self quarantine especially after spending 2 weeks on holiday with 10 others. I'm not big on going away with other than my wife and self and honestly really preferred traveling alone but I give credit to you for drafting your travel team and sharing an awesome destination. Unfortunately my son's wedding has been cancelled. We are still waiting to see what happens with the airfare and all. So far Lufthansa hasn't cancelled the April 22 flights so we're not sure whether we can get refunds or credit for future travel but it's an expensive pill to swallow in any event. Things here in CT are fairly stable with 327 cases and 8 deaths as of today. My son and Fiance have both been laid off, my older son is working from home and his wife is going in. Today my wife went to work but it's day to day, and I am working from home so it could be better but it could be worse. Retail stores are operating under reduced hours and grocery stores are open but are lacking essential goods, toilet paper, towel paper and certain produce. We are trying to maintain safe health practices but it is uncertain how things here will continue. Obviously the health concerns far out weigh the financial ramifications and we're trying our best to stay optimistic and strong so we'll see what happens.

hey_mon don't forget to post the photos of your full moon skinny dipping shenanigans. By the looks of it you run with some pretty tough wingers!!! HaHaHa!! To you and everybody else wishing you all the best of health and happiness. And best regards to our many Jamaican friends too!!

User Info Menu

Johng - hang in there, we are all in this together. I just looked on Lufthansa - it looks like you can rebook to any destination by August, for travel by the end of the year. I am surprised they are not extending that out until end of next year - maybe they will as this goes on.

User Info Menu

Hey Rumghoul, thanks for your thoughts. Yes until the end of the year doesn't give much time especially since there is no certainty as to how long the pandemic will last. I do hope that Lufthansa re-evaluates it's current policy in consideration of the circumstances???