Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: distilled water?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

distilled water?

where in Negril can distilled water be purchased? my brother in law is there now and needs it for his cpac. thanks.

User Info Menu

Re: distilled water?

I’d try the bigger stores like Hilo or Quality (just before Hilo)
    In the same general area is also the chinamans and Value master .
    I’d bank on Hilo though.
    PS pick me up some, I’m just using bottled cuz I forgot to look for at Hilo....lol
    Last edited by Weeboy1; 12-03-2019 at 04:23 PM.

User Info Menu

ok thanks, i'll let him know. that's what I thought.

User Info Menu

auto parts store , distilled water for batteries .

User Info Menu

he tried the gas station and said the water looked kind of nasty. i'll be there tomorrow to help him out, it's his first time there and he doesn't really know his way around. thanks.

User Info Menu

When I was there in Feb. 2019, I couldn't find distilled water either except at the auto parts store. The label on the box (yes, wax lined cardboard box) stated it was not for human consumption. So just used bottled WATTA. I visited every major grocery store and some of the mini marts along beach road in Negril and couldn't find it. Please post if you find it in Negril.

User Info Menu

Can substitute with mineral water, spring water and osmosis filtered water. Distilled would be best but for the length of stay wouldn’t sweat it. I’ve even used without humidifier with no issue (humidity is pretty high here) the airway maintenance of the machine remains intact. Which is the main factor.
    Don’t use auto part supplies.
    As said bottled wata will be fine. Just over time may leave scale in 5he reservoir but at least the waters clean.
    Last edited by Weeboy1; 12-04-2019 at 08:38 AM.

User Info Menu

I was just at the gas station across from the Royalton and they have it. It's "Tropical Battery" distilled water that kinda makes you look twice but it is distilled water. I use it for a Neilly rinse, and distilled is the only one that will work. Word of caution. I used my Neilly Rise once last year and could tell right away it was chlorinated water. Turns out some people buy the distilled water, use it, then fill it back up with tap water and return it to the gas station. Just take the cap off and be sure the seal is in-tacked before you buy.