Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: First trip to Negril booked

User Info Menu

First trip to Negril booked

I am new to this forum and soon to be taking our first trip to Negril. After a month of reading this great forum and looking online at hotels, I booked 4 nights at Couples Swept Away and 3 nights at Tensing Pen at the end of Feb for our first trip. Celebrating our 25th Anniversary! What do you think? Little nervous about Tensing Pen, will be so quite after being on the beach for 5 days. Would luv some suggestions for a restaurant for our anniversary dinner and also some must go to bars and restaurant or vendors.
    If anyone will be in Negril the last week of Feb, would luv to meet you for a cocktail and you can show us the ropes?

User Info Menu

tensing pen is a beautiful property . . .

User Info Menu

Oh you shouldn't be nervous at all....you will LOVE Tensing Pen, it is a beautiful property.
    I would highly recommend Ivan's at Catcha Falling Star for your anniversary dinner. They are right next door from Tensing. Call or email ahead and get a dinner reservation and let them know it is your anniversary and they will do something nice for you, sit you at the special table maybe even decorate it like they did for us.
    That is a nice area of the cliffs as you are near some good places. Across the street from Tensing Pen is Ros Roddys, he has great soups and other vegetarian options. Head up the road for Ricks Cafe for the entertainment of cliff divers (but I would not recommend eating or drinking there, overrpriced and not so good
    LTU Pub,just past Ricks, has the same great scenery but with much better food and drinks and A LOT cheaper.
    You can see the Lighthouse which offers some pretty great views
    If you head down the cliffs you can visit Rockhouse and Pushcart, at the Rockhouse hotel, beautiful property, also great places to eat. Eddie's De Bar across from Rockhouse has some great jerk chicken and some really STRONG rum punches LOL
    Further down you have 3 dives right on the cliffs with some great jerk chicken and grilled lobster at good prices. Next door is Xtabi, a nice place with caves to explore and also some great dining and drinks.
    Seastar inn is also very close to Tensing Pen and is a must do for their Saturday night buffet and live music

So as you can see, no reason to worry, you will have a blast!

Any more questions, just ask!
    There will be plenty of boardies there in February, very popular time to go!

User Info Menu

As a dedicated beach-aholic I can say 4 days on the beach is not enough ................... and 3 days on the cliffs is not enough ............... especially is it is your first time ............. too much to do and see ............. time to extend the trip ! ! !

We NEVER do less then 10 days and have been going there for 33 years

User Info Menu

Congratulations, you have just changed your life for the better. (: You will have a blast.

User Info Menu

Thanks everyone. I sooo can't wait.
    Markey9088, Will definatley go to Ivan's, and try to hit all those others you mention. Thanks

User Info Menu

Great choices for your first stay in Negril! You couldn't have done better.(IMHO) And I second everything Marley recommended. The only thing I can add is to be sure to take a walk down 7 mile beach while your at CSA(turn left if your facing the water). CSA is great( I"m headed back next month for the 7th time ) and its easy to get "sand gravity" there but you don't want to miss seeing the rest of what Negril beach has to offer. I'd say have a great trip but I KNOW there's no way you wont!

User Info Menu

That's great belfar!
    You will have a wonderful time. And be sure to come back here when you return and let us all know what you think, and of course, how hooked you are!

User Info Menu

and of course don't forget to check out a webcast, nothing like standing in Jamaica with drink waving to your family and Friends at home in the cold

http://www.realnegril.com