Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Shopping and day pass question

User Info Menu

Shopping and day pass question

Been years! For wine selection will it be better in MoBay at stores there vs. Negril? Also, considering a day pass to Beaches. How Far in advance should we purchase? Or just day of? Yes, I know it is for kiddos

User Info Menu

Re: Shopping and day pass question

The Mega Mart or Progressive store in Montego Bay offer much better selections of wine.
    I'm not sure about a day pass to Beaches...but another great option is the Kool Runnings Water Park for the kiddos.

User Info Menu

Bnewb, what store do you use while in MoBay, Mega Mart or Progressive ? I have only experienced the Mega Mart, just asking ?

BikerMike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BikerMike View Post
    Bnewb, what store do you use while in MoBay, Mega Mart or Progressive ? I have only experienced the Mega Mart, just asking ?

BikerMike
    I prefer Progressive for it's freshness (generally) of their food...it's a smaller store, but they have everything I need including a large enough wine & beer selection. I can get through Progressive much quicker.

Mega Mart is similar to a small Costco or Sam's Club...you can get a huge variety of items including your groceries...sometimes I need a new toaster or pair of shoes.

User Info Menu

Hi Bnewb, thanks for the info. cya in soon

BikerMike

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I shop for groceries at Shoppers Fair in Sav. (Or in my backyard, for anything that grows there ). While Shoppers Fair ain't Whole Foods, it's not bad. Wine selection is OK for Jamaica. Tends to be a lot of South American wines, and a few of the cheaper US and European brands.

If you like fine French wine, you're in the wrong country!

User Info Menu

Thanks. Not sure we're doing any excursions that will pass through sav. this time. So it's down to forcing ourselves to stop in Mobay after a long day or just dealing with Negril options. I never liked wine when I went before...Red Stripe and Red Stripe Light was fine for me. Nowadays I'm much older and have developed a taste for California Red but I can get by I'm sure. And don't really do hard booze. Only when I order a dirty banana when I'm out.