Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurry up and slow down. Notes from Dec ‘19

User Info Menu

Hurry up and slow down. Notes from Dec ‘19

12/08/19
    A day in just a few photos.
    When I get here, it’s always a rush to “Hurry up and slow down.”
    It’s usually a 4 am wake up call to make the last shuttle bus to the start of the race. Once there, it’s 45 more mins of waiting. I find a seat and wait.

We start, and I feel like I’m floating, albeit, slowly. Between the sound systems, steel drums and waving to familiar faces, the kilometers drift by. Before no time at all (okay, about 78 mins this year) I hear the little person that is, and has been the course marshal for the 10k turn. “TEN K TAKE YOUR TURN.” At least I think that’s what he says.

Finish line, fresh coconut, banana, beer, walk to the shuttle and a good nap.

Then I wake up, call Lenbert and grab my spot on the pub crawl for the second half of the day’s excitement.

So the payoff if you’re still reading; Doc’s Place and Kaisers are well worth checking out. But you should also do the pub crawl, first and foremost.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by MikeyNYC; 12-17-2019 at 03:03 PM.

User Info Menu

Re: Hurry up and slow down. Notes from Dec ‘19

Last edited by MikeyNYC; 12-17-2019 at 03:26 PM.

User Info Menu

Every beach vendors dream...a line of people waiting to buy!
    Name:  5F817A0D-B5B9-4D90-BB22-E91F473D5FA0.jpeg
Views: 1366
Size:  2.72 MB

beach naps help string it all together...
    Name:  D554EA63-36E1-480D-8A01-46B2B407155A.jpeg
Views: 1247
Size:  341.9 KB

Grabbed dinner on Monday with Linston at Swordfish. Actually my first time there. Was nice sitting upstairs on the deck. Whole steamed snapper with coconut milk and some scotch bonnets was delicious and not overcooked as many place are apt to do.

Tuesday: Made the move to Treehouse and well into "slow" mode. Tried to go to Miss Lilys for dinner but they were closed for a holiday party. Don't even remember where we ended up for dinner ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The next couple days brought more of the same. Dean's pork. Norman's pattys. Pineapple, soursop juice and lost of rumpunch and redstripe.
    Last edited by MikeyNYC; 12-17-2019 at 03:23 PM.

User Info Menu

Couple pieces from Rockey carver. The skull was something he had on hand. The heart is a custom piece he made for me. I left a deposit and we exchanged whats app info. He sent me progress pics and when it would be finished. A gentle soul and nice to do business with, no hustle, no stress. Just one door south of Travellers. His # 876-539-6363
    Attachment 53951

Attachment 53952
    Last edited by MikeyNYC; 12-17-2019 at 03:30 PM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Gave Linston a call and brought some friends to Quality's to get the Garlic Sauce (so good it gets a capital G!) opted for the lion fish filet this time. Delish. Followed by after dinner drinks at Pee Wees.

Finally made it to Miss Lily's for dinner. It was fantastic. Got the fried chicken and it's the best I've had in Negril. Sorry Doc. Sorry Connie. you're are both still delicious, and I still love it, but this was something else. The batter was so light and fluffy. The chicken so moist; must have been a long buttermilk bath. Pumpkin soup was delicious. And they did a wonderful job with the venue. Most definitely upscale, but not really that expensive. Dinner for three with a couple rounds of drinks and soup was $86 usd.

The DJ was great; played a mix of oldies, reggae, and pop that got the dance floor moving after dinner.
    Attachment 53954

Attachment 53955
    Last edited by MikeyNYC; 12-17-2019 at 04:18 PM.

User Info Menu

Was feeling lazy one night later in the week after too much sun and rum and decided to stay in. Called up Any Likkle Ting you need and had Maureen pick up bacon mac and cheese and a two piece from Connie. Food arrived fast and still hot. Those guys really do a great job.

Wednesday and Friday we hit up Rondel for happy hour with Delroy - 2-4-1 rum punch and a nice chill bar.
    Name:  800A1250-CC48-4A09-BCED-8E2DF27782F5.jpeg
Views: 1060
Size:  2.03 MB

User Info Menu

We couldn't decide on dinner for the last night, so we took the path of least resistance and had dinner at the grill at Treehouse. Tiger was the chef on duty and he did a great job. There wasn't a set menu, so to speak, but a "fish sampler." None of us were feeling what they had for apps so we asked Tiger if he could whip us up some shrimp. In no time at all, he pulled together some ingredients and we had some delicious coconut shrimp in front of us.

Two in our group went with grilled lobster and I went big with lobster thermidor with added scotch bonnets. It was excellent and watching Tiger work while chatting with him made it that much more fun. Shout out to Colin who made sure the drinks kept coming.

User Info Menu

Lastly, Rob and Lisa, it was nice running into you. I didn't want to crash your quiet lunch, so I just said hi and kept it moving. Maybe we can grab a beer next time

User Info Menu

Mikey, what does Any Likkle Ting charge for delivery?
    Last edited by Kold Ass Mofo; 12-17-2019 at 04:37 PM.