Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Day trip today.Mayfield Fallls or Black River?????

User Info Menu

1.5-2 hours to Mayfield?????? What am i missing I know I don't travel in a rocket when I go. Are you sure you went to Mayfield or was it YS, that is more like 3 but unless Mayfield roads have gotten even way worse than the usual badness I don't understand 1.5-2 hours? You should definetely have a driver to go to Mayfield , one who is a PHD Profesional Pot Hole diverter.
    I love both Falls so I am glad you had fun.

Children Are Our Tomorrow !

User Info Menu

Mayfield for sure over Black River, and even if I had a rental car I would not drive it up to Mayfield Falls, Either hire a driver or take a taxi. The roads close to Mayfield are some of the worst i have seen.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Mayfield conditions vs: YS

I am looking to do one day trip this reach. Mayfield or YS / Black River are high on my list. I am leaning toward YS / Black River mainly because of what I had read about the road to Mayfield and that Mayfield requires a fair amount of hiking.
    My wife has a bad back and does not ride well over bumpy roads and she is not much of a hiker either.
    Am I wrong in my assesment of Mayfield?

Steve
    [http://daisypath.com]

User Info Menu

You're not wrong in your assessment! It's a great deal of hiking. In your case YS/Black River is the best choice!

User Info Menu

Yes, you are right.....there is a lot involved in Mayfield, though a great trip
    But if anyone has problems walking or with their back, I would definitely recommend YS and Black Safari.
    You can be as active or as relaxed as you want to be, and still get the same great experience.
    YS does not involve any hiking at all if you dont want it to.
    And I love YS, it is beautiful! Absolutely breathtaking....you will be very happy with your choice.

User Info Menu

Thanks Katho and marley
    I have read quite a few reviews about various outings and thought I had it right. We are still a long way off but reading about other peoples experiences, trying to picture them, and see if it would suit us is all part of the fun.

Steve

User Info Menu

YS it is! Thanks

Thanks Katho and marley
    I have read quite a few reviews about various outings and thought I had it right. We are still a long way off but reading about other peoples experiences, trying to picture them, and see if it would suit us is all part of the fun.

Steve