Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Why we love the Jamaican people!

User Info Menu

Why we love the Jamaican people!

Name:  39A0488B-AAC0-4819-B861-9EE9E0107C27.jpg
Views: 968
Size:  170.3 KBName:  48979E40-02E7-4D08-BCF6-1D9136C88E78.jpg
Views: 993
Size:  168.2 KBName:  90E962F3-141C-48CA-81ED-0D6AF7344489.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  176.6 KB
    Herman came by and was singing for karen (my wife) She left to get him a cold beer and Grey our lil friend who helped build the sand/snow man Xmas day sat down . Herman played a children’s song just for him!
    This is the heart of this man.
    Many tourists cross the street to avoid him when he approaches hobbling on one leg.
    We know him better....
    The video wouldn’t load...but hope you get the idea.
    Was beautiful!

User Info Menu

Re: Why we love the Jamaican people!

Weeboy...have you ever seen Herman dance? That man can move better than most!!

User Info Menu

Tremendously beautiful. Hardest working man in show biz. One Love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmL-jOK6MFw

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post
    Tremendously beautiful. Hardest working man in show biz. One Love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmL-jOK6MFw
    Herman is on of the many faces of Negril, such a gentle soul. He rarely speaks first but always speaks back, never hustles you, a fine man.

One evening near sunset, we were at Tony's Hut, every seat was taken, and everyone was busy chit chatting. I saw Herman coming down the beach and I motioned for him to come over. He quietly climbed into the wooden barrel seat that is behind the patrons. I asked him if he would play something for us. No one at the bar had even noticed he was there. He strummed and started quietly singing John Lennon's "Imagine". Within 15 seconds, the bar had gone quiet, and all heads were now turned toward Herman as he sang. There was not another word spoken, no ones gaze moved off of Herman until he had completed his song. I swear, some had a tear in their eye, Herman singing those lyrics was special. When he had finished, and the hat had been passed, and generously filled, Herman slowly moved on. One of the Tony's bar patrons said "Wow. That was a Negril moment."

User Info Menu

Herman one morning in front of Fun Holiday a couple years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkxjOpP_qPo
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Yeah, we've known Herman for like 9 years. The first time we introduced ourselves to him, he had just finished "Rhinestone cowboy" by Glen Campbell. He wasn't familiar with Glen Campbell. From then on we've sat and chatted with him, shared Red Stripes, and talked music. A few years ago, he asked for a microphone, then he gave us one of his "cool" t-shirts. Can't wait to talk to him in February.