Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Sailboat on the beach at Treehouse?

User Info Menu

Re: Sailboat on the beach at Treehouse?

They made cement filled containers with rebar loops. Plan is to take containers out and attempt to use a winch system. The keel is still in tact.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DaxShepherd View Post
    They made cement filled containers with rebar loops. Plan is to take containers out and attempt to use a winch system. The keel is still in tact.
    For the Captain's sake I hope it works and the operation is conducted safely.

I am a wee bit skeptical, unless they use more than 15 tons of cement. She's going to seriously resist being dragged along the sand with her keel buried. They're going to need a 3/4" or larger steel cable with a major winch.

User Info Menu

Agreed

User Info Menu

Don’t sell Jamaican ingenuity short!! I’ve seen things there over many years that have amazed me. Excited to see how this ends. They will get it out!! No problem mon.

User Info Menu

Well now that the keel is buried I'm thinking boom crane or a method to jack it up and put it on a launch trailer.

Name:  lift.jpg
Views: 2398
Size:  8.3 KB
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

There has to be somebody on the island with the knowledge and capability to salvage this boat. Where's Captain D ???

This one didn't make it!!

Name:  Grounded (Medium).JPG
Views: 2233
Size:  45.2 KB

Name:  Sunken Ship (Medium).JPG
Views: 2227
Size:  50.5 KB

User Info Menu

Boat Bar Two? There's already a head and a galley, even bunks to hang out in.

User Info Menu

Containers filled with cement did not work. Latest is that a tug boat is on the way.

User Info Menu

Now that the keel is buried tug will have a hard time. Unless they can get her back on her side and tie the tug off the nose and midship to pull her like a kite, they will have trouble. I think jacking and a cradle trailer might be the last choice. Or a boom truck if one can be found there.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Industrial helicopter or a million helium balloons.