Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: To all concerned about beach vendors!

User Info Menu

Re: To all concerned about beach vendors!

I just sent a message to the Chamber, hope it does some good
    We were just there in mid Dec. I had a patty every day from Norman, nice man I would tip each time later on our trip he gave me coco bread no charge.
    We will be in Negril next week hope I can get a patty from Norman?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Todd,

Simply write the Chamber as a concerned tourist. Petitions, as in most countries rely on citizens of that country to implement change.

This is a complicated process. Norman and I a few years ago jumped through hoops trying to get the required license. We found there was no final hoop.

The Chamber is currently working on updating the old laws and your input, as a visitor, will be needed to accomplish the goal we all want.

Get your suggestions and information to the Chamber and they will be able to present to the government a proposal that benefits all.
    Thanks Rob. Letter sent!
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob.
    Letter sent. Asked for the courtesy of a reply. If they do I’ll update.
    This cat and mouse game has been going on for years . They really need to find a beneficial solution.
    Maybe if the Chamber hears enough tourist/visitors voices it’ll spur some action in a mutually beneficial direction.

Administrator

User Info Menu

At meetings this has been discussed in the past, but this feels different to me, like something may finally be done.

Everyone concerned please email the Chamber! I wouldn't expect a personal response, but more a traditional "thank you for your comments" type thing.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Emailing today. This was upsetting to hear. Hope it helps. Thanks Rob for the info. I love a lot those beach vendors on our visits. That is the charm and feel of Jamaica for us.

User Info Menu

Letter sent and hoping that this will turn into a beneficial thing for everyone !
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

User Info Menu

the last picture reminds me of how much we enjoy the vendors. "its going to be hot hot hot tonight tonight tonight ............

User Info Menu

email sent:
    Dear Mr. Wallace,

My wife and I have just returned from our annual 10 day January trip to Idle Awhile Beach and have just learned that police and other security forces have started strict enforcement of activities on the beach.

We have been coming annually to Negril since 1998. At first we stayed at Tree House and now have been regulars at Idle Awhile Beach.

We do find the drug dealers, bracelet sellers and most recently out right beggars as something that should and needs to be stopped. It goes without saying that for safety purposes that horses have no place on the beach.

We are concerned for the legitimate beach vendors and musicians - Norman (Patty Man), Dean (Pork Guy), Cortis (Fruit Lady), Flex (Juice Guy) and the ice cream man all of whom add to the colorful and positive vibe/feel which make Negril unique and special. These and other similar individuals are part of the ambience that create the Negril mystique.

We whole heatedly agree with the need to license and tax legitimate vendors & musicians. We trust that there is some way to revise current laws/regulations to allow for licensing of legitimate vendors and musicians.

Please help to amend laws and establish licensing procedures to make it possible for these vendors to continue to operate in a way beneficial to both Negril and to its visitors.

As you are no doubt aware there is NO place like Negril and that’s what keeps us coming back.
    https://www.tickerfactory.com]

User Info Menu

Can someone provide the email address for Mr Wallace?

User Info Menu

https://www.tickerfactory.com]