Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: "Blue Mohoe Restaurant@ The Spa Retreat Hotel

User Info Menu

"Blue Mohoe Restaurant@ The Spa Retreat Hotel

We entered this fabulous brand " NEW" Boutique hotel called The Spa Retreat, on the west End of Negril, to have dinner at the Restaurant " Blue Mohoe" .. We were provided a tour of the grounds, prior to eating, all we can say is "WOW".... Through the tour, and my hubby loving wood of course, we were educated on all the wood used on the property like, Blue Mohoe, Cedar, Mahogany, Bullet, the stone work is impeccable as well, the pool is actually sea water, that is filtered and recycled every few hours, and this property actually has a man made sand beach!!!! then we were taken to the Restaurant-- which is actually where we are right now---love WIFI, - When I made reservations, I mentioned it was our 10 Anniversary, and of course, this was our 1st trip to Negril, upon being seated, I noticed this beautiful table set up, looked like it was for someone special, then we were seated at that table, The owners as well as Chef Kevin, all came to our table, and wished us a very Happy Anniversary, and then catch this, "They actually thanked us for choosing to eat here" did I also mention they are Canadian- from Ottawa ,Ontario!!! We are also Canadian as well.. We have just had our appetizers, Mmmmmmm- skewered coconut shrimp with pineapple, now Chef Kevin is preparing our dinner, lobster and triple A, certified Angus beef, like I said in previous posts, Negril is just like home, but the weather is better... Gotta go, I see dinner coming now, I will however finish this post, when we return back to our hotel, and tomorrow we are heading to another "NEW" restaurant , and will write about that experience as well.. Bon Appetite..!!!!

User Info Menu

Please do - can't wait to hear more and if you could give us an approx cost it would be most appreciated.

User Info Menu

Always happy to hear of new places to try in Negril. I see the two "newbies" to the board the last couple of days are making full use of the opportunities to promote a great place. Maybe you can talk Blue Mohoe & The Spa Retreat Hotel into becoming sponsors on negril.com so that we can see some pics & links to their website and such...or maybe they are already sponsors and I missed it? IRIE! *IG
    β€œIt is better to travel well than to arrive.” – Buddha

User Info Menu

Island Girl: I went for dinner there, and shared my "honest" opinion on my experience, however, I have done some homework on your behalf, after checking under Hotels and Restaurants on Negril.com, The Spa Retreat, is actually listed, so I assume they are sponsors and support this site. I am actually going for dinner at a another " NEW" place tonight, but before hand, I will also check to make sure they are listed on this site as well, and if not, I will mention to the owner, or Manager, they should sponsor this site as well, so tomorrow, you won't have to wonder, consider it a done thing. Look forward to reporting-honestly- on this dining experience as well...

Live Well, IRIE

User Info Menu

We too are from Ottawa! Going to Negril's westend in January! looking forward to visiting this new Spa Retreat hotel & Blue Mohoe Restaurant!! Sounds like quite a place!!

User Info Menu

I too am from Ottawa and know the owner...she has 2 spas here as well. Will talk to her when I see her in Negril next month and see if there is interest in sponsoring the site. I know it is a very upscale place much like it is here....
    ~~~love and light~~~

User Info Menu

WOW! Quite the business-woman!! I had no clue!! I will have to introduce myself to her if I am lucky enough to see her when i visit this new resort that I have heard so much about!!!