Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Negril & Port Antonio

User Info Menu

Negril & Port Antonio

We've been coming to Negril for the past 10 years or so and are planning on another trip this November. This time we'd like to split our time between Port Antonio and Negril. Any advice or suggestions on where to stay in PA? I've tried their forum, but it's basically defunct. We've been staying at White Sands in Negril and Love it! We'd like something comparable in size and $$ to that in Port Antonio. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!

User Info Menu

Re: Negril & Port Antonio

We are probably doing Port Antonio in the fall as well. I've wanted to go there for years. TONS of advice here.

Maybe we'll see you there!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForu...h_Jamaica.html
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

If you enjoy White Sands...comparable would be Bayview Eco Resort in Port Antonio...it's one of our favs & for a funky place to stay, we like Great Huts which is located right on the water.
    Nothing is really within walking distance...you'll need a car or regular driver. Many hotels are a long walk to the main road to catch a cab.

Make sure to check out Blue Lagoon, Reach Falls for adventure, Errol Flynn Marina is a nice visit, Boston Jerk (great jerk sausage) which is on the same road as Great Huts and Woody's for good burgers & great conversation.

Mwenvlay has a Fab trip report about the Port Antonio area starting on page 5...
    https://negril.com/forum/showthread....Kingston/page5

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it! I actually looked at both of those properties along with All Nations Guest House. It's always nice to get someone else's perspective! I'm a Negril addict, however my husband wants to do some coffee plantation/blue mountain tours.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    If you enjoy White Sands...comparable would be Bayview Eco Resort in Port Antonio...it's one of our favs & for a funky place to stay, we like Great Huts which is located right on the water.
    Nothing is really within walking distance...you'll need a car or regular driver. Many hotels are a long walk to the main road to catch a cab.

Make sure to check out Blue Lagoon, Reach Falls for adventure, Errol Flynn Marina is a nice visit, Boston Jerk (great jerk sausage) which is on the same road as Great Huts and Woody's for good burgers & great conversation.

Mwenvlay has a Fab trip report about the Port Antonio area starting on page 5...
    https://negril.com/forum/showthread....Kingston/page5
    Love! I'll be checking these places out as well need a change of pace from Negril for a few days.
    "If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home"
    Drink Eat be IRIE!

User Info Menu

we went to Port Antonio two years back. we stayed at Wilks Bay. it was expensive but Mary and James are terrific hosts

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lahoge View Post
    We've been coming to Negril for the past 10 years or so and are planning on another trip this November. This time we'd like to split our time between Port Antonio and Negril. Any advice or suggestions on where to stay in PA? I've tried their forum, but it's basically defunct. We've been staying at White Sands in Negril and Love it! We'd like something comparable in size and $$ to that in Port Antonio. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA!
    you MUST visit port Antonio. I go back every year All nations guesthouse is amazing phenomenal hospitality and they just bought out their sister property as well beautiful landscape views and scenery. I have my go to local taxi Devon whose a safe driver. Been using him for 3 years. Just message me for any info needed on port Antonio. I’ve done nanny falls , non such falls reach falls as well as toured and stayed from long bay down to all nations. I really Have to do some trip reports. Food is also phenomenal visiting belindas after rafting rio Grande. I also Have a private taxi too (knows the area can provide tours for the day ) who has decent pricing as well if you’re not into Jamaican taxis (Devon will cater to you but his taxi is just the typical ones) just depends on your budget.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vacationlovaa View Post
    you MUST visit port Antonio. I go back every year All nations guesthouse is amazing phenomenal hospitality and they just bought out their sister property as well beautiful landscape views and scenery. I have my go to local taxi Devon whose a safe driver. Been using him for 3 years. Just message me for any info needed on port Antonio. I’ve done nanny falls , non such falls reach falls as well as toured and stayed from long bay down to all nations. I really Have to do some trip reports. Food is also phenomenal visiting belindas after rafting rio Grande. I also Have a private taxi too (knows the area can provide tours for the day ) who has decent pricing as well if you’re not into Jamaican taxis (Devon will cater to you but his taxi is just the typical ones) just depends on your budget.
    Would love to read your trip reports!
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*