Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jamaica adds 4 more countries to travel restrictions amid virus spread

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Re: Jamaica adds 4 more countries to travel restrictions amid virus spread

I will explain in a follow-on why I am posting this video here

Sponsor

User Info Menu

What if the virus gets into the place pictured in the video in the preceding post (Downtown Kingston)?

What happens? Think about it.

"protect yourselves with masks/sanitizer/etc" => most can barely afford food
    "isolate yourselves" => in a crowded apartment with no indoor plumbing?
    "see a doctor" => most of them don't have doctors
    etc

... or any similar place... (Port Au Prince, Mexico City, Rio, Mumbai, Dakka, Manila, ...) (how many people? "bottom billion"...)

Think about it.

More later...

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Sponsor

User Info Menu

You are all thinking "what is *my* risk [if I travel to ...]...?"

Start thinking "what. is *their* risk?"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rtitle View Post
    You are all thinking "what is *my* risk [if I travel to ...]...?"

Start thinking "what. is *their* risk?"
    Well, living here I constantly have to think about the consequences of someone bringing the coronavirus into Jamaica.

But, on a daily basis I have to look into our friend's faces who are already feeling the effects of cancellations...knowing that they won't be paying their bills or even able to put food on the table in the months coming.
    Tourism is a major part of the lifeblood in Jamaica...everyone here is caught between a rock and a hard place!

User Info Menu

mi see things aren't going to get better in Jamaica any time soon cause of this coronavirus....gonna be tuff times

tourist numbers this Winter were okay but should have been a lot better......…

wi don't get our share of new blood younger tourist that are 35 years and under as it is......most are 35 years and older
    unfortunately the lions share of tourist that come to Jamaica are 35 years and older who are more prone to the Coronavirus....
    so it a nutshell there's going to be less tourist this year compared to years past...….many tourist are just afraid to travel right now

this weekend the USA State Department advised older Americans to not take cruises......ugh.....
    Jamaica had 1.5 million cruise visitors last year alone.....this figure won't come close to happening again this year.....ugh

like Dengue and Zika viruses (mi had both in Jamaica......ugh) this Corona virus thingy will pass.....just going to take time
    don't know about anyone else on here but mi find Jamaica the easiest place to get sick...mi catch everything......true
    mi have a place in Florida mi visit too and can't remember the last time mi was sick there.....
    been years since mi even had a cold in Florida...….wish it was that way in Jamaica for mi....
    so mi guess mi have a decision to make...….like it or not.....it stinks

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Last edited by Marko; 03-10-2020 at 10:55 AM.
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I received an e-mail this morning that Delta is now offering travel waivers. We still plan on visiting Jamaica in April, but there could be things out of our control that end up affecting our travel plans. We'll just have to wait and see.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RyanP View Post
    I received an e-mail this morning that Delta is now offering travel waivers. We still plan on visiting Jamaica in April, but there could be things out of our control that end up affecting our travel plans. We'll just have to wait and see.
    We also have April plans and plan on coming! Unless we get sick or Jamaica adds the US to it's ban.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rtitle View Post
    What if the virus gets into the place pictured in the video in the preceding post (Downtown Kingston)?

What happens? Think about it.

"protect yourselves with masks/sanitizer/etc" => most can barely afford food
    "isolate yourselves" => in a crowded apartment with no indoor plumbing?
    "see a doctor" => most of them don't have doctors
    etc

... or any similar place... (Port Au Prince, Mexico City, Rio, Mumbai, Dakka, Manila, ...) (how many people? "bottom billion"...)

Think about it.

More later...
    haiti's already been through a cholera epidemic. same thing will happen to the people if corona virus lands there, and they will probably fare better than they did during the cholera epidemic, since it's not water-borne or food-borne.

i just got back from port au prince- they were doing some sort of screening at the airport upon arrival. all visitors had an ear examined by flashlight. not sure what they were looking for, but that's what they're doing.

and honestly, if i had a trip to the carribbean planned for any time between now and july, i'd go.

we're actually planning a 15 day visit to jamaica for late july, because we have a friend from haiti who is really excited to go there.