Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First case of COVID-19 in Jamiaca

User Info Menu

First case of COVID-19 in Jamiaca

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: First case of COVID-19 in Jamiaca

Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Well that just stinks....
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

Hey - does anyone know where this case occurred? Was it in Negril at a resort, or somewhere else? Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by canadacan View Post
    Hey - does anyone know where this case occurred? Was it in Negril at a resort, or somewhere else? Thanks.
    It was in Kingston, Jamaican woman went to UK and upon return, got sick like 5 days later.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justin_a_lyesse View Post
    It was in Kingston, Jamaican woman went to UK and upon return, got sick like 5 days later.
    This aint your daddy's flu. Its more contagious than flu, spread by asymptomatic patients unlike flu, and more deadly than flu.

"The patient's infection was travel-related. However, steps are being taken to prevent the risk of community spread."

The airport "fever sensors" didn't catch her infection?, because they can't. Cruise ships, airplanes, and airports, are germ farms. And this germ is nothing to ignore. Asymptomatic people can spread the virus for weeks and kids are the mosquito vectors for it - they present almost no symptoms while infecting others.

Until every country goes full out Wuhan-style and locks down everyone for a month the virus will spread beyond belief. Italy finally got the memo. It appears that the leaders in the states are going to stand around with their ^%$#@ in their hands until the riots start.

Let's hope that the Jamaican leaders wake up soon. EVERYONE entering the country must be quarantined for 2 weeks. Harsh eh. You can do it now or wait and do it when the health care system has collapsed upon itself.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post
    This aint your daddy's flu. Its more contagious than flu, spread by asymptomatic patients unlike flu, and more deadly than flu.

"The patient's infection was travel-related. However, steps are being taken to prevent the risk of community spread."

The airport "fever sensors" didn't catch her infection?, because they can't. Cruise ships, airplanes, and airports, are germ farms. And this germ is nothing to ignore. Asymptomatic people can spread the virus for weeks and kids are the mosquito vectors for it - they present almost no symptoms while infecting others.

Until every country goes full out Wuhan-style and locks down everyone for a month the virus will spread beyond belief. Italy finally got the memo. It appears that the leaders in the states are going to stand around with their ^%$#@ in their hands until the riots start.

Let's hope that the Jamaican leaders wake up soon. EVERYONE entering the country must be quarantined for 2 weeks. Harsh eh. You can do it now or wait and do it when the health care system has collapsed upon itself.
    So you think everyone entering the country must be quarantined for 2 weeks? Why would anyone want to pay for a vacation when they can just get on a plane; land...and stay for 2 weeks at government expense?

How long do you think they would have the funds to pay for that? Wouln't it be cheaper and more effective to close all ports and airports to all tourism?

No need to light your hair on fire yet.

Just my opinion
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    So you think everyone entering the country must be quarantined for 2 weeks? Why would anyone want to pay for a vacation when they can just get on a plane; land...and stay for 2 weeks at government expense?

How long do you think they would have the funds to pay for that? Wouln't it be cheaper and more effective to close all ports and airports to all tourism?

No need to light your hair on fire yet.

Just my opinion
    you missed my irony. maybe quarantine them in a stinky jail cell. i think everyone should be quarantined for 2 weeks upon arrival to prevent the virus from spreading - which is preposterous, hence just not allowing anyone to enter makes more sense.

the Chinese had to go to extraordinary measures to stop the spread. the solution won't be any different just because we're Jamaican, America, or Italian. person-to-person transmission has got to stop long enough for the infections to play out, which would take about a month.

oh wait, what would that do to the dow jones industrials index?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post
    you missed my irony. maybe quarantine them in a stinky jail cell. i think everyone should be quarantined for 2 weeks upon arrival to prevent the virus from spreading - which is preposterous, hence just not allowing anyone to enter makes more sense.

the Chinese had to go to extraordinary measures to stop the spread. the solution won't be any different just because we're Jamaican, America, or Italian. person-to-person transmission has got to stop long enough for the infections to play out, which would take about a month.

oh wait, what would that do to the dow jones industrials index?
    Irony? What you wrote would have to be understandable first. Maybe quarantine in a jail cell....or not allowing them to enter...or do the Chinese thingy...dow jones? Somewhere there has to be a point to have something be ironic.

To immediately jump from one known case at this juncture to destroying the Jamaican economy? Now that's ironic!

just a thought
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    Irony? What you wrote would have to be understandable first. Maybe quarantine in a jail cell....or not allowing them to enter...or do the Chinese thingy...dow jones? Somewhere there has to be a point to have something be ironic.

To immediately jump from one known case at this juncture to destroying the Jamaican economy? Now that's ironic!

just a thought
    Irony aside. I Pray that Jamaica can stay ahead of this monster. One Love My Friend.