Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bold Move - What does everyone think?

User Info Menu

Re: Bold Move - What does everyone think?

Quote Originally Posted by Ras Walleye View Post
    There is no data yet supporting immunity after infection. In fact there are cases of reinfection.
    Interesting...as I literally just watched Dr. Sanjay Gupta say...everyone is "likely immunized" after having Covid-19.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Interesting...as I literally just watched Dr. Sanjay Gupta say...everyone is "likely immunized" after having Covid-19.
    I think "Likely" immunized and "no data YET SUPPORTING immunity" could very well be the same thing. Neither is saying immunized for sure.
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Accompong View Post
    I think "Likely" immunized and "no data YET SUPPORTING immunity" could very well be the same thing. Neither is saying immunized for sure.
    Yes, I understood it to be the same thing...but thought it strange that if there's confirmed cases of reinfection, that Dr. Gupta would even suggest the possibility of immunity.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Yes, I understood it to be the same thing...but thought it strange that if there's confirmed cases of reinfection, that Dr. Gupta would even suggest the possibility of immunity.
    https://grapevine.is/news/2020/03/24...19-in-iceland/

Iceland has isolated more than 40 different strains of the virus. At least one person there has tested positive with 2 different strains. This sucker is similar to the flu or common cold viruses in that it will mutate and produce new strains which the human population has no immunity, hence why we need to get a new flu shot every year for the strain-du-jor. People who have had the flu do not have immunity against all types of flu. Seems unlikely that this virus would be any different. The faster a virus spreads the faster it will mutate (yikes). The only way to stop it, is to stop it from spreading and mutating. The mutations and reinfections may explain why so many young, healthy, healthcare workers are dying in Italy or died in China; exposure to different strains while attending to patients infected with different strains.

All sorts of conflicting information out there:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...n-get-it-twice

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post

All sorts of conflicting information out there:
    We can definitely agree upon...THAT!!😖

User Info Menu

Jamaican government has come out and said it will be giving financial assistance to those Jamaican citizens 75 and older.....

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20