Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Border opening?

User Info Menu

Border opening?

Anyone know what the date that the border is supposed open back up? I’m a Resident of Negril and stuck in Houston. Wanna come home!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Border opening?

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    Anyone know what the date that the border is supposed open back up? I’m a Resident of Negril and stuck in Houston. Wanna come home!
    There has been much concern about repatriating all Jamaicans stuck abroad. Unfortunately, around 1000 people who entered the island from March 18th to the 24th still haven't reported to the MOH. Holness doesn't want to bring in more until they can be located.

He has mentioned that he knows this is a priority and has plans for getting you home sometime after the 21st, but it sounds like you will be put in government quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. You will be tested for COVID once here and again after 14 days. If you are negative you should be able to then return to Negril.

Keep checking here, when the PM has the next press conference we will post the new information, which should include your repatriation information.

Stay safe in Houston!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

West Jet had flights listed for the later part of April but those flights have disappeared and now the web site says the earliest flight to MoBay is May 4th. I think South West has the same date, May 4th. I think that's a date the airlines are shooting for but that can and probably will change.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
    West Jet had flights listed for the later part of April but those flights have disappeared and now the web site says the earliest flight to MoBay is May 4th. I think South West has the same date, May 4th. I think that's a date the airlines are shooting for but that can and probably will change.
    Air Canada isn't flying out of Montego Bay until the end of May...so far.

User Info Menu

Government quarantine??? Yikes...anyone know what that’s like??

Administrator

User Info Menu

Some are being quarantined in repurposed hotels.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...9-fight_191817
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Christy View Post
    Government quarantine??? Yikes...anyone know what that’s like??
    We don't know of anyone having been quarantined, yet.
    We've been "lucky" on this side of the island having 2 confirmed cases in Westmoreland & 0 cases identified in Hanover.
    Personally, we don't know of anyone in Negril having symptoms...fortunately, most around town are being respectful of the government's requirements of safe distancing etc.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 04-11-2020 at 11:14 AM.

User Info Menu

June 17 at the earliest flights may start from UK , virgin , British airways & Tui have pencilled these dates in for flights out at the earliest .

One of those covid cases in west Moreland occurred in burnt savannah ? If so the poor chap didn’t have coronavirus and was sick for many months . He was a returnee from England and was really ill and didjt come out for months , when news broke of the virus the community put 3and3 together and got 42 and made a scene in the community that said man have corona .

This man was from George’s plain and not burnt savannah .

If same guy

User Info Menu

I was told - by Southwest Airlines - the first flight into Mo Bay is May 21 - already filled by the time I re-scheduled - I have a flight May 22 - and I was told repeatedly - Southwest told me = they do not know what Jamaica might do in the future - things can change.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    There has been much concern about repatriating all Jamaicans stuck abroad. Unfortunately, around 1000 people who entered the island from March 18th to the 24th still haven't reported to the MOH. Holness doesn't want to bring in more until they can be located.
    that's 3+ weeks ago ......putting any of dem in quarantine now wouldn't make much sense.....waste of government resources pursuing dem

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20