Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: NBCC - The rest of the story/after story from Mrs. Gaynair

User Info Menu

I agree with Northcoast AND Rob. So many women travel to foreign and are completely taken by surprise at the amount of attention they get from men. And, forgive me if this sounds horrible, but these men usually take advantage of insecure women that in most other circumstances would have a hard time getting a date with a good looking, fit, guy. Again, it sounds bad but it is what it is. So that being said, a lot of them are naive to what really goes on with these guys and they think they are the "one", the love of these guys life. So Rob is correct because Yes, it IS what it seems. The problem is, everyone else knows what it is, and usually it's the woman that sees nothing.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

"Lets be fair, when it comes to prostitutes, it should be rather apparent when you are with one..."

LOL! I love picking them out of the crowd......

User Info Menu

TicToc... please re-read Mrs. Gaynair's e-mail. She does not visit the board & does not post here. That's why she asked me to post for her.

To clarify... NBCC rooms have 1.) deadbolts & chains on the room doors & 2.) locks, chains, & wooden sticks for the patio/balcony doors. The OP of the other thread DID NOT USE the locks & - at the time of the break in - admitted such. Only when posting here on the board did she report any problems w/ locks, i.e., her "story" on the board was not the original version, the truthful version. It was altered considerably as well as important facts left out completely. Only when her friend's extortion demands were not met did she come to the board & post her "story".

I have stayed in at least 5 different NBCC rooms in the last 10 years & all had all of the above, all in good working order, plus the sign on the door reminding guests to use all security measures. It is my responsibility to use them & I do. Christine chose not to then changed her story when she posted here on Negril.com. Sadly, for her, that poor choice had negative consequences... the theft.

They have a security guard at the front gate who signs in visitors, monitors vehicles coming in. Another patrols the beach. Agreed, they need more but, again, it is not Mrs. Gaynair's call as she is only one of many on the property. Overall property management makes those decisions. Someone unfamiliar w/ the property might suggest that she hire extra security herself for the NBCC units but that would be difficult as they are located throughout the property, not in one area. Yes, it would be good to have a roaming security guard again but if he's monitoring one side of the property, a thief could be breaking in on the other side. If it's an inside job, i.e., Jamaican boyfriend or friend of the Jamaican boyfriend, no amount of security can prevent theft. There are no easy answers other than that we, as guests, be responsible & use common sense.

User Info Menu

The OP wrote a similar post on a different travel site, and she reported using the wooden stick ....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    The OP wrote a similar post on a different travel site, and she reported using the wooden stick ....
    gerry... please PM so I can alert that board that this woman is posting untruthful information. Right now the only thing truthful she's saying is that she had items stolen from her room. Thank you.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gerryg123 View Post
    There's no way that sliding glass door can open if the wood stick was in place. Somebody mentioned on another post that one could lift the door off the track and then slide the door over but the stick is not a stick in the sense of it being long and thin but rather it's think like a a 2by4.

I'm not surprised the OP is posting on other travel sites as she is following through on the threat. What is sad to me is that she probably really does like this guy and has no idea what his reputation truly is. Even if she were to bring it to his attention and ask him the truth, we are virtual strangers to her while he is her boyfriend so we all know where her belief/trust will be placed. I would also like to think that she was not aware of the additional threats he made.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

OK, the truth is out, that's great, however, what precautions will be taken to prevent this from happening again, may I suggest, that "LOCALS" perhaps should "NOT" be allowed on Hotel, Motel, rented rooms, condo's property's, This should be in the 'contract' before you are allowed to check in, the tourist does "NOT" have to agree with such policy's, but unfortunately won't be permitted to stay there.. I am concerned, that I can be staying somewhere, and because of someone's else's lack of judgement, I could be harmed or robbed as well... I truly feel bad for Mrs.Gaynair,-who I have never even met- but please, change your policy immediately so history does "NOT" repeat itself. Don't be motivated by $, to just rent your rooms, learn from this tragic situation, and implement "NEW" policies, so this never happens again, as you sound like a wonderful people person, and very accommodating to your "NOT" so "honest" guests.. If I wasn't leaving early in the morning, I would come and give you a hug... xo

Christine you should be ashamed of yourself, for only telling 1/2 truths, perhaps, you should vacation else where in the future, as Jamaica does "not" deserve or need this ongoing negative reputation, from tourists who make poor choices, in "local men or local women"...

Former Ocho girlie, and now " NEW" Negril girlie

User Info Menu

Have fun Lovely!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jamerican71 View Post
    Thank you! I looked at TA earlier, just not in the right place. Someone else sent me the link. It'd be nice if others also sent them a comment regarding what was posted.