Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: NBCC - The rest of the story/after story from Mrs. Gaynair

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MissBlue View Post
    and i agree negril has become babylonish, and I've become increasingly terribly sad about that. it's pretty difficult NOT to compare it to the place i fell in love with - i can tell myself to 'be here now' and enjoy it for what it is NOW - but still, i find that more and more, the bell cannot be un-rung. it hurts my heart.

for next visit am looking to adventure in other places around the island which i've never been to.
    Miss B, You can go 5 or 10 miles out of Negril and be in a much different Jamaica. .....And if you want to go to Babylon it's 15 minutes away.
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

lol, yah that's pretty much exactly what i had in mind..... the more i hear about broughton and environs, the more interested i am in those areas

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MissBlue View Post
    lol, yah that's pretty much exactly what i had in mind..... the more i hear about broughton and environs, the more interested i am in those areas
    If you draw a line from Orange Bay to Little London and down to Broughton Beach it's 13 miles long. anywhere on that line is about 4 miles to the sea. The Great Morass takes up a bunch of the area between that line and the coast there are three roads to Negril. The North Coast road, the Sav-La-Mar road and the coast road that connects to the West End (not exactly a road)
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by irieworld View Post
    I also had a local boyfriend in Negril for 4 years. He had a full time job.I did not give him money. Careful please when judging things.
    Exactly....there ARE respectable men in JA that not only expect no money, but they pay for you.
    "Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" R.N.M

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by irieworld View Post
    not well thought out to ban locals from their own country's hotels. It seems like this board is acting as judge and jury here. Sure, we know she had a friend with her. He allegedly threatened hotel staff. Things were taken. Without a witness to what happened it not possible to say what went down. I have had things stolen from me--it is a terrible violation. I also had a local boyfriend in Negril for 4 years. He had a full time job.I did not give him money. Careful please when judging things.
    Thank you so much for saying that.
    IREE....JAMAICAN BORN AND BRED

User Info Menu

Originally Posted by irieworld
    I also had a local boyfriend in Negril for 4 years. He had a full time job.I did not give him money. Careful please when judging things.
    Exactly....there ARE respectable men in JA that not only expect no money, but they pay for you.
    This is very true!!!!!! It's ridiculous to assume that every tourist woman you see with a Jamaican man or vice versa is paying for sex/company.

I met couples that are in very serious relationships in Negril.
    Last edited by sandy-girl; 11-23-2011 at 01:40 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sandy-girl View Post
    This is very true!!!!!! It's ridiculous to assume that every tourist woman you see with a Jamaican man or vice versa is paying for sex/company.

I met couples that are in very serious relationships in Negril.
    See not everyone thinks like us.. They just assume oh thats a beach boy, jigilo, prostitute.