Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NBCC - The rest of the story/after story from Mrs. Gaynair

User Info Menu

NBCC - The rest of the story/after story from Mrs. Gaynair

I also posted this to Christine's thread but wanted to post it here for those who may not get back to the other thread.

The rest of the story & the after-story from Mrs. Gaynair who asked me to post this for her...

I have been taking care of visitors to Negril for over 30 yrs. It's important to me to maintain their safety. I always try to brief visitors about their responsibility as well. Initially I had no doubt about the entry to Christine’s room but, after her boyfriend’s death threat and demand for cash from the security manager, it left everyone concerned in doubt now. She checked in with her Jamaican boyfriend in late October & spent 8 nights in that room before the incident took place. Her front door has a working dead bolt lock and a chain. The patio door has a chain and a lock plus the stick which everyone is advised to use as an extra security measure (posted on the door... a reminder to use all locks & observe security measures). This was her first time staying at the Beach Club.

According to security, her Jamaican boyfriend has stayed and visited guests on the property on a few occasions in the past. Security observed that Christine‘s friend had a lot of local visitors coming to their apartment, staying late and cooking, some were not allowed in. The night in question they had a dinner party and were up late, they did not lock their patio door, they admitted that to me and other guests that they never used the chain or the stick. After they made the report of their loss to the police ($100us and $25ca, 2 cell phones, etc.) I told her and her friend that they have to take some of the blame as they left the door open/did not lock it. I gave her the $100us cash. Her camera and 2 cell phones will be covered by NBCC insurance which was reported. She also had travel insurance for which she got the report from the police to make the claim.

However, early next morning her friend went to the security manager, demanded money, threatened his life, and said he'd stab him with scissors and "blood him up" if he did not pay him $400 us for his phone, $600 us for camera and $400 us for Christine's cell phone. He has also threatened other workers.

The security manager had to call in the police and file a report of the death threat by her boyfriend. The boyfriend returned to the hotel again after they'd checked out and continued to demand money. The police had to be called in and they removed him and asked him not to return to the property. Since that time, the police concluded he is of questionable character, unemployed, and possibly robbed himself. He told me & the security chief that if we did not give him the money he demanded, Christine was going on the internet to spread his story.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 11-21-2011 at 07:21 PM.

User Info Menu

Thank you for posting.

User Info Menu

Wowzas

Indeed, those details were left out earlier....thats insane
    Stir IT UP

User Info Menu

Thanks for telling
    The rest of the story

User Info Menu

sounds like a nice guy .....

User Info Menu

Thanks for further clarifying my earlier post. This is insane! I did see Patrick back on the property while, and after Christine checked out. He was by himself for the most part. I was unaware of his threats but that is what was going on during this time. Jean Gaynair runs a clean proper operation and this is completely unfair to her and to the hotel. Let's see it dropped now that the truth willed out.

User Info Menu

When we stayed there Jean did take the time to show us that besides the chain the patio door had a stick as as extra measure for security and told us that if we were gone or sleeping to make sure and have it in place and we were on the 2nd floor. She is a lovely lady who cares about those staying on the property.

User Info Menu

lawd of mercy.........and you wonder how come Jamaica gets a bad rap sometimes........

what a beehive and the only person to blame......is the person themselves.........
    and no matter how dem want to try to spin this.......it's uncalled for........period

if you are letting a Jamaican(s) into your rooms in Paradise........
    you only have yourself to blame if sumthin goes bad.........
    mi have absolutely no sympathy for travelers that are asking for sumthin bad to happen.........

mind you this doesn't happen all the time......but when it does it's very unfortunate.....for everyone

mi admit I feel bad for the resorts and hotels that are so kind to let Jamaicans on to their property and then have to put up with this chit.....

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

There are a lot of female sex tourists in Negril, more and more every year.
    They've created a harassment problem for women who are not there looking for the big bamboo - you read about it on this board - constant and pressuring harassment on the beach and in town, everywhere.

My wife gets hassled all the time when she's alone - and it really pisses her off.

Many of the male prostitutes have the attitude that ALL women are there looking to hook up with locals.
    Yah - I know, the women don't think of their guys as prostitutes - they're "boyfriends" - whatever . . .

It's a problem that has been created by the demand. The gigalos have big egos and high expectations and sometimes things go off the rails -

I might be harsh - but I really have no sympathies for the men and women who get ripped off (or worse) by prostitutes, wherever they may be - Negril, New York, Ottawa . . .

The universe is unfolding as it should, its a self correcting model. As few more stories like this - or worse - and the word will get out -- the female sex tourists will back off a bit.

It will get worse until it gets better.

K3
    My Books:

Walk Good - Sunset Negril - Night Nurse
    Available @ www.amazon.com - search 'Roland Reimer'

User Info Menu

You all are welcome. I am happy to have posted this for Jean Gaynair. I was aware even before receiving her e-mail that this boyfriend has other girlfriends who visit him from foreign. I also knew about the no door locking. Also other facts that Christine left out, lied about. I knew what she was doing was wrong.

Yes, I will promote this property & continue to stay there. Although I've stayed there many times, for many years, the majority of my stays have been in my TS unit there. Only when it is non-TS time do I stay in NBCC (maybe 7-10). From those stays, from my TS stays, from years of knowing Jean Gaynair, I knew Christine's story was very, very wrong from the start.

In this country, when such falsehoods are told there are legal avenues to correct the injustice. By posting truths to Christine's thread & now posting Jean Gaynair's e-mail, I hope I can take the edge off the untruths that have already been spread.
    Last edited by Yvonne; 11-21-2011 at 07:22 PM.