Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: June 4th Negril Sandals & Beaches Re-Open!

User Info Menu

Re: June 4th Negril Sandals & Beaches Re-Open!

Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
    The West Jet website has the first flight into MoBay as June the 4th. Winnipeg to MBJ, June 4th, $461. Not bad!! Oh ya, $800 to get home &%$#'n West Jet.
    Air Canada claims they're flying starting June 1st...Winnipeg to MoBay return is just over $1000can. 🙄

User Info Menu

For whatever reason if Jamaica does not allow June passenger traffic I will go to a different Caribbean island for my vacation which other travelers will do too.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MissNegril View Post
    For whatever reason if Jamaica does not allow June passenger traffic I will go to a different Caribbean island for my vacation which other travelers will do too.
    Which other islands will be open?
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Which other islands will be open?
    As you can see for starters in the Sandals Official Statement choices are Antigua ,Bahamas, Barbados, Grenada, St. Lucia and Turks & Caicos.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MissNegril View Post
    As you can see for starters in the Sandals Official Statement choices are Antigua ,Bahamas, Barbados, Grenada, St. Lucia and Turks & Caicos.
    Miss Negril...in the Sandals & Beaches official statement that Marko posted...it specifically includes Jamaica opening on June 4th, not Bahamas.
    "(This includes Antigua, Barbados, Grenada, Jamaica, St. Lucia and Turks & Caicos.) Our Bahamas locations have a scheduled opening date of June 15th, 2020."

They also say because of border closures etc...
    "These dates are therefore subject to change."

User Info Menu

This is definitely a "wait & see situation". We've been monitoring flights (or lack of flights) for quite a few people that are still unable to leave.
    I've never seen anything change so rapidly...
    one hour a flight is there, the next it's gone...
    one day the price is $1000, the next it's $400...
    one week an airline is taking bookings for every day in June, the next week their June flights are cancelled and now taking bookings starting in July.
    This is not only happening in Jamaica, but all over the Caribbean and of course most parts of the world.

Hang in there everyone...it'll happen... we'll travel again. When those borders safely open...please book those tickets...Jamaica will need you more than ever!!

Stay safe & healthy Everyone❣️
    Last edited by Bnewb; 05-11-2020 at 09:52 AM.

User Info Menu

Ya! West Jet just announced no flights into Jamaica until at least July 4th. I assume the rest of the airlines will follow suit.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brownsd54 View Post
    Ya! West Jet just announced no flights into Jamaica until at least July 4th. I assume the rest of the airlines will follow suit.
    Ya!, is right!
    Air Canada is still flying into Montego Bay each Saturday in June... again, we'll have to wait & see if that actually happens!!
    Last edited by Bnewb; 05-11-2020 at 05:34 PM.

User Info Menu

Southwest announced that several of its Jamaican routes will resume daily service at beginning of June
    Including daily flights from MCO, FLL and then BWI to Montego Bay...
    Mi have been watching SW for weeks and there hasn’t been many changes
    just the pricing….keeps going up and up….ugh….though it’s summer so it's expected...
    American and Spirit have lots of Montego Bay daily flights in June too….
    and there are other airlines too…..hard to keep track of dem all......but they are getting booked up
    It's important to get the Jamaican economy rolling again and the airlines are the ticket!

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

I have a flight booked through delta at the end of june. Only information I've received about it is they moved it up an hour so hopefully that means I get to visit sooner. It appeared that had quite a few flights to mobay around that time. That's from the US.. Atlanta ga