Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Nov 2020 RollCall... For Optimistis Only!!!

User Info Menu

Re: Nov 2020 RollCall... For Optimistis Only!!!

Well the big fear of mine has happened. Gov Cuomo of NY, decreed that all travelers from level 2 and 3 countries will have to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. Right now, I'm awaiting a response from my company HR dept to find out if they'll allow me to work from home (I work in IT for my company) for the quarantine period... ugh! Already starting to research other travel options (any countries not level 2 or 3)....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Well the big fear of mine has happened. Gov Cuomo of NY, decreed that all travelers from level 2 and 3 countries will have to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. Right now, I'm awaiting a response from my company HR dept to find out if they'll allow me to work from home (I work in IT for my company) for the quarantine period... ugh! Already starting to research other travel options (any countries not level 2 or 3)....
    Bummer. Hope they let you work from home. I'm in IT also and we are working from home permanently.

User Info Menu

Man that’s a gut punch for sure!! Stay positive, you’ve still got almost two months before your trip and things will keep changing. Good luck with the work from home option!! We all need our vitamin D!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumlover View Post
    Man that’s a gut punch for sure!! Stay positive, you’ve still got almost two months before your trip and things will keep changing. Good luck with the work from home option!! We all need our vitamin D!!
    Well in 2 months, it's probably not getting any better (I think we're at least a year away from anything resembling normal). Besides, Jamaica is at level 3, even if they clear up covid, it'll still be level 2 by the state dept because of it's violence levels in the big cities. I got a response by my HR dept but it wasn't very clear (seems like it's ok but frowned upon, which is a lil nerve racking in a company where I've survived 2 layoffs since covid). If after some clarification, I'm still getting a negative vibe, I'll probably cancel (I wonder if White Sands will refund me? If American airlines will let me retain my flight as a a future credit and for how long?). I've also got a Feb trip booked and I'll wait for a bit before I decide on that trip.

Oh yeah, I saw that report on the super computer study on covid patients and the positive affects of vitamin D to fight Covid if you get it!!!

User Info Menu

Well it's official, I'm canceling this trip and taking myself off the roll call. Maybe I'll make it in Feb... enjoy everyone!

User Info Menu

Well it's official, I'm canceling this trip and taking myself off the roll call. Maybe I'll make it in Feb... enjoy everyone!

User Info Menu

Well that sucks for sure.We already had to cancel this past Aprils plans so we are going to try and make this trip work somehow.Stay warm in Buffalo and hopefully your next trip works.

User Info Menu

Yes, that does suck. We were looking forward to meeting you
    July 1993*, Feb 2003, Aug 2005, April 2007, Feb 2008, Feb 2009, April 2010, Nov 2010, Nov 2011, Nov 2012, March 2013*, Nov 2013, Nov 2014, March 2015*, Nov 2015*, April 2016*, Oct 2016, Nov 2017*, May 2018*, Nov 2018*, Oct/Nov 2019*, Dec 2020*, Dec 2021*, May 2022* (Portland), Dec 2022* (Irish Town/Strawberry Hill), Dec 2023*, Dec 2024*

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregandkelly63 View Post
    Yes, that does suck. We were looking forward to meeting you
    Yep and I was looking forward to meeting you folks. I've since found and booked a condo in St. Thomas for a shorter trip then (hopefully the US Virgin Islands can stay off of Cuomo's list but I'll definitely miss all my friends in Jamaica). White Sands is keeping my money but applying it to my Feb trip and I used the canceled flight credits for the trip to St. Thomas.
    Last edited by ukran1ans; 10-02-2020 at 07:04 AM.

User Info Menu

at least we have the Bills to get us through the fall Irie vibes