Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Looking for a re-opening soon? Not so fast ...

User Info Menu

Looking for a re-opening soon? Not so fast ...

User Info Menu

Re: Looking for a re-opening soon? Not so fast ...

Yeah Al,

I'm thinking our late fall trips will be the real beginning of normal trips down there (I actually start back to work this friday with all kind of Covid-19 restrictions.. mask, wash hands every hour...etc)...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Yeah Al,

I'm thinking our late fall trips will be the real beginning of normal trips down there (I actually start back to work this friday with all kind of Covid-19 restrictions.. mask, wash hands every hour...etc)...
    I agree, especially with what's going on in the US with the re-openings maybe too soon and little guidance from CDC. For one thing, masks should be MANDATORY when out in public to prevent spread. The other worry is that by late autumn we could be in the middle of the second wave. Time will tell ...

Administrator

User Info Menu

We should be getting a government confirmation any day now...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Negril residents and business owners are looking forward to having the economy moving again...
    Negril Travelers are also looking forward to returning soon....
    Sooner the government set the timelines the better for everyone....
    This fiddling and the indecisions on timelines for this Summer is not helping anyone....true
    Jah Bless Jamaica

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by justin_a_lyesse View Post
    I agree, especially with what's going on in the US with the re-openings maybe too soon and little guidance from CDC. For one thing, masks should be MANDATORY when out in public to prevent spread. The other worry is that by late autumn we could be in the middle of the second wave. Time will tell ...
    Well I was doing my weekly online flight check and american airlines was offering free date changes if booked by the end of May, SO I bought my flight back from Jamaica in Dec, figuring I have nothing to lose.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    This fiddling and the indecisions on timelines for this Summer is not helping anyone....true
    There is a great deal not known about the virus, so while you can call it indecision, "waiting for facts" would be a more valid description. You have a tendency to post your opinions as "true". Will there be reliable tests widely available at an affordable price? Will there be an effective treatment? Will there be an effective vaccine? Does recovery grant immunity? If so, for how long? No human being knows the answers to these questions at this time. Someone in authority taking action based on his own feelings and then refusing to ever reconsider in the face of evidence is certainly decisive, but not likely to be correct. Keeping the virus from spreading for now while hoping that there will be good news soon is, I think, the best anyone can do.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wrtiii View Post
    There is a great deal not known about the virus, so while you can call it indecision, "waiting for facts" would be a more valid description. You have a tendency to post your opinions as "true". Will there be reliable tests widely available at an affordable price? Will there be an effective treatment? Will there be an effective vaccine? Does recovery grant immunity? If so, for how long? No human being knows the answers to these questions at this time. Someone in authority taking action based on his own feelings and then refusing to ever reconsider in the face of evidence is certainly decisive, but not likely to be correct. Keeping the virus from spreading for now while hoping that there will be good news soon is, I think, the best anyone can do.
    True Dat!
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.