Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Additional Important Traveler Information for June 15 to 30...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Additional Important Traveler Information for June 15 to 30...

Please read today's Negril Today page and remember that the heading is June 15 to 30. This is phase 1 of allowing visitor re-entry. Phase 2 begins July 1st and will have its own protocols. This process will continue to keep everyone safe and happy.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sasmith View Post
    I'm from Wisconsin and I am not going to spend thousands of dollars to go to Jamaica for a vacation if the social distancing and masks requirements are still required. I understand the need to protect others and myself, but it just wouldn't feel like you are on vacation.
    Granted, it's not ideal but to give up my 27 days this winter in Jamaica because of a mask and having to stand 6 feet away from people just doesn't make sense (vs staring at 4 walls while it's 10 degrees outside). Besides, I figure it'll be the new normal still in the states (til they make a reliable vaccine) and I'll be used to it anyways.

User Info Menu

We are from northern Alberta and we have been traveling to Negril for 20 years. We usually go three weeks in Nov. and 3 weeks in Feb. but if there are masks and social distancing we won't be spending money to go there. Which makes me sad to say, especially because all our friends there are suffering due to no tourism but half the reason for going is to socialize. I wouldn't be holding my breath for a vaccine either.

User Info Menu

Each of us must make our own assessment of risks vs. rewards. However, I very much hope that all of us who profess to love Jamaica and Jamaicans respect the protocols that Jamaicans determine are necessary in order to keep their country and their families safe. If you're not willing to do that, please do stay home rather than decide to go anyway and ignore their protocols. The whole world is engaging in experiments with regards to reopening, and it is far too soon to tell what protocols will be effective, what can be relaxed, and whether and what new protocols will be needed. Large businesses in the US are planning very seriously for a "second wave" in November-December and if it happens, that will require many changes.

User Info Menu

I am much more concerned about air travel than being on the ground in Jamaica. Some social distancing is easy especially where we will be outside most of the time. Airports and confined space in an aircraft are much more dangerous.