Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Additional Important Traveler Information for June 15 to 30...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Additional Important Traveler Information for June 15 to 30...

Last night's press conference gave more detailed information for visitors from June 15th to June 30th. The most unusual aspect is the creation of a "stay in zone" protocol for visitors. This zone is called a "COVID-19 Resilient Corridor". From the press conference:

“The COVID-19-resilient corridor will run from Negril through to Port Antonio along the coast and will embrace all activities within that area just along the main road. It is a manageable corridor that will be able to have easy access. But the most important thing is to be able to trace the visitors and to contain their movement,” he said.

Like a stay at home order, this stay in zone order will limit movement of visitors to areas on either side of the main road leading from Negril to Port Antonio. This will be re-evaluated for July 1st.

There are many procedures being put in place, here is one of the charts displayed last night:

Name:  Opera Snapshot_2020-06-06_061500_www.facebook.com.png
Views: 938
Size:  192.9 KB

Note that many of the Worker protocols apply to visitors as well.

As of June 7th, all beaches are once again open but there will be no vendors allowed on the beach. This will be reviewed after 14 days and possibly changed.

One important item being worked on is mandatory travel insurance. For less than US$20, a policy would cover all COVID-19 related charges including your emergency flight back to your country. This is still being worked out but seems to be a real possibility.

More news as we get it....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Additional Important Traveler Information for June 15 to 30...

A huge thx from me for all the info i receive off this forum, Rob. As a Negril traveler every couple months prior to Covid, so very helpful.
    Ironic that I am in regular contact with peeps in Negril but I tell them things i have learned that they do not know. Ha!
    One other thing, perhaps not so great... my May 10 day trip was cancelled, obviously. The one thing I was very disappointed about was my Club Mobay reservation, which I booked due to this site. I went on the site and IMd, I emailed, I called and left messages. No response to any. It really bums me out, as I was not even wanting or asking for money back. However, absolutely no response back at all was a bit disheartening. Thx again for what you do! So much appreciated!

Administrator

User Info Menu

MissJen,

PM me with your details and I will call them and find out what is up.

Rob
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MissJen View Post
    The one thing I was very disappointed about was my Club Mobay reservation, which I booked due to this site. I went on the site and IMd, I emailed, I called and left messages. No response to any. It really bums me out, as I was not even wanting or asking for money back. However, absolutely no response back at all was a bit disheartening.
    Our April trip was cancelled as well. CCLP payment was refunded promptly. Catamaran cruise to Half Moon beach was refunded promptly. Airline fares refunded promptly. Jamaican driver refunded the down payment promptly. However Rockhouse and MoBay Club REFUSED to refund and we had to go to the credit card company and reverse the charges. Very poor customer relations from both organizations.

User Info Menu

Red face Re: Additional Important Traveler Information for June 15 to 30...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

Like a stay at home order, this stay in zone order will limit movement of visitors to areas on either side of the main road leading from Negril to Port Antonio. This will be re-evaluated for July 1st.
    tourist aren't going to come to Jamaica and spend $2,000US to $5,000+US if they are under a "stay at home order"
    or a so called "stay in zone order".....easily defeats the purpose of going on vacation....
    N Americans have had enuff of this "stay at home order" anyways...…
    since there aren't many of these "stay at home orders" currently in most of N America.....
    why wouldn't people just stay home or go somewhere else for a vacation...…
    just mi 2 cents....

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Last edited by Marko; 06-06-2020 at 03:05 PM.
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

When my flight was cancelled in March, Club MoBay let me know that they would refund my money or give me a year to use their services. I went with the latter.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    tourist aren't going to come to Jamaica and spend $2,000US to $5,000+US if they are under a "stay at home order"
    or a so called "stay in zone order".....easily defeats the purpose of going on vacation....
    N Americans have had enuff of this "stay at home order" anyways...…
    since there aren't many of these "stay at home orders" currently in most of N America.....
    why wouldn't people just stay home or go somewhere else for a vacation...…
    just mi 2 cents....

Cool Runnings, Marko
    The “zone” appears to encompass from Negril to Port Antonio . That’s 300kms. If so I think I can stay within that boundary!

User Info Menu

tourist aren't going to come to Jamaica and spend $2,000US to $5,000+US if they are required to wear Masks...
    easily defeats the purpose of going on vacation....

most will just stay home or go somewhere else for a vacation till the Jamaica mask thingy is lifted...…

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    tourist aren't going to come to Jamaica and spend $2,000US to $5,000+US if they are required to wear Masks...
    easily defeats the purpose of going on vacation....

most will just stay home or go somewhere else for a vacation till the Jamaica mask thingy is lifted...…

Cool Runnings, Marko
    I disagree Marko.... I'm from Buffalo, lots of my travel friends are from Canada, Minn, Wisconsin...etc. I think we'll still come down this winter with a mask to get the hell out of the cold!

User Info Menu

I'm from Wisconsin and I am not going to spend thousands of dollars to go to Jamaica for a vacation if the social distancing and masks requirements are still required. I understand the need to protect others and myself, but it just wouldn't feel like you are on vacation.