Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: The Jamaican Govt will foot the bill

Administrator

User Info Menu

The Jamaican Govt will foot the bill

The Jamaican Govt will be paying for the COVID testing for visitors.... for now...

"Minister of Health and Wellness Dr Christopher Tufton disclosed that, for now, Government will foot all costs associated with the testing of tourists, who are expected to start arriving in the island as of June 15.
    “The Government will continue to absorb the costs, for now anyway. We haven't taken any decision of paying for it, except the Government,” Dr Tufton told the Jamaica Observer yesterday.

He also confirmed that the country has the capacity to undertake testing for the roughly 6,000 tourists expected to arrive here by the end of this month."

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...isitors_196225
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: The Jamaican Govt will foot the bill

These are some of the cost tourist are consenting/responsible for per the online form;

Your traveling to Jamaica and bear all the costs for travel to and from the destination as well as costs while in-country should you fall ill. This can include, but is not limited to the following:

COVID-19 test
    Medical services
    Hospital services
    Medical transportation services
    Medical evacuation services
    Quarantine/isolation facilities and services
    Health Screening and Risk Assessment at Port of Entry

Also you are consenting to the below;

Health Screening and Risk Assessment at Port of Entry
    Testing for COVID-19
    Stay in COVID-19 Resilient Corridor
    Isolation

filling out forms.....wearing masks.....being tested....being restricted in your movements.....possible health cost...isn't a vacation

Jamaica needs to keep it simple......otherwise Jamaica is only going to see a trickle of tourist...…

way too many hoops and restrictions for going on vacation and spending $2,000 to $5,000+...….

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    filling out forms.....wearing masks.....being tested....being restricted in your movements.....possible health cost...isn't a vacation

Jamaica needs to keep it simple......otherwise Jamaica is only going to see a trickle of tourist...…

way too many hoops and restrictions for going on vacation and spending $2,000 to $5,000+...….

Cool Runnings, Marko
    As Rob already mentioned after you posted similar comments in another thread...

Jamaica only wants a "trickle of tourists" at the moment.

Jamaica would be pretty stupid to open up without any restrictions & possibly causing a surge of infection.

There's absolutely no reason for anyone to be complaining about their future vacation & the amount they're spending until everything comes under control.
    I think the Jamaican Gov't has done a damn fine job dealing with this nasty virus and keeping it to a minimum.
    They will be reassessing the situation & protocols after June 30th.

User Info Menu

Unfortunately we let our emotions get the best of us and booked for 1st week in August soon as reopening was announced. After seeing the new entry requirements and the back and forth and confusion already strongly considering cancelling . I'll give it a couple of weeks to see how it plays out. But no way no how are we going to be bused somewhere and wait for who knows how many hours to be tested and then who knows what else and how long it turns into. Not my idea of a way to start your vacation.

User Info Menu

I think Jamaica has done a pretty good job of containing the virus & I will patiently wait till things ore ok to go again (well, maybe not that patient). The important thing is to not have a lot of visitors yet & have the virus start up again. I want Jamaica to be there for all of us for the long haul not just right now. Good work Jamaica!! Stay well