Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: I got "stranded"😁 in Jamaica for 3 months

User Info Menu

I got "stranded"😁 in Jamaica for 3 months

Arrived March 7th on what was supposed to be a 9 day trip and a first Jamaica trip ever for my 6yo and 12yo. Wow! Did not expect a pandemic outbreak! We live in Florida and were in no hurry to return. My kids drove me crazy, but we made it. Home in Florida 8 days now. I feel so homesick! I feel so blessed to have been there through this with my children where we all stayed healthy. I was never able to stay any longer than 1 week on any previous trip. 3 months gave me a trial to see if I really want to live there. I am already looking at tickets for July. Had to buy all new return tickets home but have credit on Spirit 😁Staying inside here in Florida. People are not wearing masks or sanitizing hands here in stores like in Jamaica. And the mosquitoes seem to be worse here! I hate it here! Hope you all saty safe! One Love

User Info Menu

Re: I got "stranded"😁 in Jamaica for 3 months

Ahhh, you caught the bug while you were there. That’s it, there’s no cure for the Negril bug.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    Ahhh, you caught the bug while you were there. That’s it, there’s no cure for the Negril bug.
    Nope... no cure
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

and then....

Would love to hear about your extended stay?

VVHT

User Info Menu

I'm puzzled. My wife and I arrived in MBJ on March 12th and returned on March 19th. I'd love to hear your story about how you ended up there. We didn't experience a problem and neither of us contracted the virus while traveling.