Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The new protocol when traveling to Jamaica from Visit Jamaica

User Info Menu

Re: The new protocol when traveling to Jamaica from Visit Jamaica

We use Club Mobay to avoid all the lines. Will using Club Mobay make things quicker?

User Info Menu

flhrbill,
    Are you asking if Club Mobay can ignore the protocols?

User Info Menu

No not at all but Club Mobay usually has their own express lines for arrival and departure. I would expect to be treated like everyone else. I was just wondering what if any advantage there might be to continue using Club Mobay.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Besides the nasal swab, sounds like a typical visit to a NYS DMV... lol. I've had trips, where I've missed connections (due to plane wing de-icing), spent hours in a connecting airport trying to get on a stand by list, after 2-3 attempts, finally getting a plane to Jamaica, arriving at the hotel 6-7 hours later than planned, yet I still keep coming down. Heck, I've even spent 3 hours in immigration cause 10 planes landed at once in MoBay. So I just don't see the big deal of going thru the protocol, to help make it safer for everyone, to spend 17 days on my favorite island in the Caribbean.
    I’ve never had that problem waiting that long waiting in customs and immigration... probably because I’ve always taken the first direct flight out of NYC... and BTW last time I went to NYS dmv I was in and out in 40 minutes LOL
    Deanna (aka DeeDee from NY)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicajeanne View Post
    flhrbill,
    Are you asking if Club Mobay can ignore the protocols?
    Club MoBay has always followed all of the same protocols - we're just wondering if they get to cut to the head of the new lines (not just immigration and customs lines as per usual).

User Info Menu

Club mobay have suspended arrival services. Check out their website

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dash View Post
    Antigua has the same precautions including airport nose swab and only travel to approved hotels. They like most islands want to prevent the virus from spreading from hotspots like the USA, Canada, and UK.
    Hotspots like Ontario and Quebec. A few days ago Saskatchewan had 18 active cases (not new - active), compared to over 1000 a day new ones in those provinces.
    [url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

This what a tourist had to go through yesterday in Montego Bay. This doesn't sound like what vacations are all about and seriously doubt it's worth it or even doable for most vistors.

I’m sure you saw this —

Just leaving the airport in Mobay. 🥴 As soon as you get off the plane they make you sanitize and sit down to be awesome many questions about your stay, have you been in contact with anyone infected, and where you're coming from. It w as a huge disappointment to know that regardless if you test positive or not we are quarantined for 14 days. I was told this way before being tested. Makes no sense to me. She even wrote the date that the quarantine would be up. What's crazy is we're here for 16 days. She did not know this before writing out the date the quarantine would be lifted. I was told a health official will come to me twice a day to check my temperature. Ok so after that you go to customs, then a line to give your information again for a sample bag to be handed off. Then they tell you to get your luggage. Get luggage and go through a process where you must leave your luggage and go pick up your specimen bag and go OUTSIDE for the test to be performed. They swab your nose and throat give you a package telling you to log your every move and who you come in contact with and give you a slip that you must present before leaving the airport or you will not be able to leave. You pick up your luggage and go. 🤷🏾*♀️

Administrator

User Info Menu

Hmm, I have talked to new visitors that are not quarantined. There is more to your story... Too bad you don't quote the source...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Hmm, I have talked to new visitors that are not quarantined. There is more to your story... Too bad you don't quote the source...
    Just trying to tear down Jamaica when you decided to abandon her in favor of Antigua anyways? What's the point? Is MissAntigua available?

JMO
    Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.