Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Departing from Sangster in MoBay!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Departing from Sangster in MoBay!

Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Departing from Sangster in MoBay!

I have to say Rob that I was concerned that Jamaica opened too soon. I know the economy needs tourists but at what cost? I am dying to get back there but will wait until December, hopefully. Stay safe you two.
    Irie Sue

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SLP View Post
    I have to say Rob that I was concerned that Jamaica opened too soon. I know the economy needs tourists but at what cost? I am dying to get back there but will wait until December, hopefully. Stay safe you two.
    SLP,

I wrote this is another thread, but it applies here:

The government truly wants to open the country to tourism, but they equally want the country to avoid a surge in COVID cases.

Many tourism workers are severely hurt economically, completely broke, can't pay any rent or bills or put food on the table. You have to weigh the economic problems in this equation, which includes starvation that will kill you vs. the chance of catching a virus the might kill you. It is an ugly reality, but a reality nevertheless.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I very much like this quotation from Nana Akufo-Addo, the President of the Republic of Ghana, back in late March: “We know how to bring the economy back to life. What we do not know is how to bring people back to life. We will, therefore, protect people’s lives, then their livelihoods.” I'm certain that the health effects of shutdowns are considered in every government's planning process.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wrtiii View Post
    I very much like this quotation from Nana Akufo-Addo, the President of the Republic of Ghana, back in late March: “We know how to bring the economy back to life. What we do not know is how to bring people back to life. We will, therefore, protect people’s lives, then their livelihoods.” I'm certain that the health effects of shutdowns are considered in every government's planning process.
    Simple and eloquent! 👍