Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Looking for guest cottage in Negril

User Info Menu

Looking for guest cottage in Negril

Hi,

Long long time ago I stayed in a guest cottage in Negril. Anybody know the lady (Miss Nancy???) in the pic or know her property? I'm thinking about returning this spring.

http://i43.tinypic.com/5akehd.jpg

Thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jumbies View Post
    Hi,

Long long time ago I stayed in a guest cottage in Negril. Anybody know the lady (Miss Nancy???) in the pic or know her property? I'm thinking about returning this spring.

http://i43.tinypic.com/5akehd.jpg

Thanks.
    I personally don't know her but since you do, just go door knocking when you return to get that guest cottage again. There are plenty of other cottages that you will find by door knocking and asking around down there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MissNegril View Post
    I personally don't know her but since you do, just go door knocking when you return to get that guest cottage again. There are plenty of other cottages that you will find by door knocking and asking around down there.
    Thanks.
    I don't personally know her and haven't been down in about 15 years. I stayed at her place for 4 days. I simply asked the driver to find me a place and he brought me to Miss Nancy.
    I believe I was there in September so it was "slow season".
    I guess I'll try door knocking then.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jumbies View Post
    I simply asked the driver to find me a place and he brought me to Miss Nancy.
    Actually asking drivers is another great way to find a place as the drivers know where everyone lives and who is renting what. Even in high season you won't have much of a problem finding something to rent that is in your budget. Just watch out for the con artist guys acting as the middlemen, as everyone there is trying to make a buck.

User Info Menu

I don't know anyone by that name and do not recognize the lady in the picture; however if you are looking for a old style cottage ... here are a few suggestions:

Country Country (on the beach) - prices include a full breakfast
    www.countrynegril.com

For a smaller budget:

Jah B's Cottages (across the road from the beach)
    www.negril.com/jahbs/

Negril Yoga Centre (across the road from the beach)
    www.negrilyoga.com

A very nice place on the west end/cliffs (any reasonably priced) is Catcha Falling Star Gardens
    www.catchafallingstargardens.com

There a lots of choices in Negril, and in every price range. Click on the link for HOTELS at the top of this page for some ideas.
    Last edited by BCBud; 11-23-2011 at 04:41 PM.