Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, kinda nailed the new protocols....

Administrator

User Info Menu

Well, kinda nailed the new protocols....

CORRECTIONS

Everyone will be screened and accessed at the airport. Pre-testing PCR tests are required from 4 places currently high risk, New York, Florida, Arizona and Texas. Arrivals from these States will need to have their negative pre-flight test uploaded before they get here on the VisitJamaica.com site. The infection surge does have it's consequences folks.... (Wear a mask, please?)

The stretching of local medical resources was just too much, and this now allows some of that human medical resources to go back into the communities where it is needed instead of being at the airport.

For those concerned about the layovers, this was taken into account. The initial estimate was for about 2.5% of visitors to test positive. The actual number after recording them since June 1 is .75% - far less than estimated. This reduced figure was a heavy inducement to stop the expensive and time consuming protocols at the airport.

For those staying outside of the "corridor" (which didn't seem to be expanded to the South Coast yet) will be quarantined and then sent to test at the nearest facility. Because you are outside of the corridor, please try to remember who you had extended contact with to help with contact tracing.

As far as uploading your pre-flight results, those from high risk States are required to submit them. A layover does not require pre-testing.

While the PM was trying to paint the best picture possible, Jamaica is essentially flying by the seat of their pants - BUT - they are flying! Which isn't an easy thing to do these days.

While the beaches remain open, last weekend the Ministry said there was a 91% NON COMPLIANCE with the rules. As a visitor, try to keep that number much much lower...

Curfew is from 11pm to 5am until July 31.

All the above is subject to change....

Just FYI, the talk around town was that the entire USA would be banned like the EU did, that had everyone very nervous.... wash your hands and wear your masks! We all want to see you!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: Well, kinda nailed the new protocols....

Thanks for posting, but now I am more confused. Your post makes it sound like ALL tourists must take pretest but only High risk state travelers must upload. Other state travelers may be asked to? How would that work if you don’t register until 72 hours before. Am I reading this wrong?
    As far as passengers in transit, you said that is taken into account...so required or not?

User Info Menu

We live in Rhode Island one or two states that are seeing a decrease in numbers. We will be flying from here with a one hour layover in Orlando. I still don’t understand the requirement for a layover. We certainly don’t mind the pretesting as long as it is 10 to 7 days prior to our trip. The test results can take up to a week to get back.

User Info Menu

We are from upstate New York and our covid cases have been low. Our New York Governor, Andrew Cuomo put restrictions in place early on and our state has been opening up in phases (currently in the final phase). New York has successfully controlled the outbreak and is not a hot spot so I am unsure why our state is grouped with the hot spot states. In any event, our group of 8 is unable to meet the pre-testing protocol and doesn't feel welcome in Jamaica so we will need to cancel.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bonster View Post
    We are from upstate New York and our covid cases have been low. Our New York Governor, Andrew Cuomo put restrictions in place early on and our state has been opening up in phases (currently in the final phase). New York has successfully controlled the outbreak and is not a hot spot so I am unsure why our state is grouped with the hot spot states. In any event, our group of 8 is unable to meet the pre-testing protocol and doesn't feel welcome in Jamaica so we will need to cancel.
    From the June data collected, many of the positive cases tested came from passengers from New York. Upstate New York is worlds away from NYC but Jamaica determined the hot spots by State, not each county or city in that State. Sorry you cannot get pre-tested. That was always a worry which is why not everyone is being required to be pre-tested. Just as resources are limited here, Jamaica knows the pre-testing resources are limited in other countries.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Barb111 View Post
    Thanks for posting, but now I am more confused. Your post makes it sound like ALL tourists must take pretest but only High risk state travelers must upload. Other state travelers may be asked to? How would that work if you don’t register until 72 hours before. Am I reading this wrong?
    As far as passengers in transit, you said that is taken into account...so required or not?
    Please re-read it. I made some corrections to clarify it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flhrbill View Post
    We live in Rhode Island one or two states that are seeing a decrease in numbers. We will be flying from here with a one hour layover in Orlando. I still don’t understand the requirement for a layover. We certainly don’t mind the pretesting as long as it is 10 to 7 days prior to our trip. The test results can take up to a week to get back.
    There is no requirement for a layover. Only if your originating State is New York, Florida, Arizona or Texas is there a pre-testing requirement.

User Info Menu

So you go thru all the planning and expense for your vacation. You follow all the rules if you can ever figure them out. And then at the last minute somebody somewhere decides no you can't come.
    Have I got that right?

User Info Menu

Thanks, Rob.

User Info Menu

I am still unclear, ...some may still be asked to upload them...You may not have time at that point to be tested.