Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well, kinda nailed the new protocols....

User Info Menu

Re: Well, kinda nailed the new protocols....

Thanks for the update!

User Info Menu

While I'm not sure how effective the pretest requirement will be, I completely understand and applaud Jamaica's desire to have as good a picture as possible of those coming into the country but, logistically the pretesting mandate might act as a short term stop on tourists from some of those states (perhaps that's the intent). I can't blame the Jamaican government for that. I live in Bexar County Texas where my city has had a 600% increase in hospitalizations this month and is experiencing near exponential growth in new cases. If I wanted to get a test today without symptoms, that would be a real challenge. Almost every testing center requires a physician referral and then you are screened at the testing locations (have to meet criteria to get tested). Testing is still limited here with slow turnaround times. It would be near impossible for me to obtain testing and get results as required by the policy. Again, I don't disagree with what JA is doing. The Jamaican government has done a hell of a lot better than most of the U.S. but, from where I live this is effectively a ban. I hope that Texas and the rest of the US can get their stuff together sooner rather than later.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Airswift and Barb111 - please read:

https://negril.com/forum/showthread....more-confusion

Apparently I understood it right before reading the "corrections"..... this may change again.....
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!