Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: A little more confusion....

Administrator

User Info Menu

A little more confusion....

PM Holness has stated that:

"Visitors must upload their test results to the Visit Jamaica portal.
    The prime minister said, while approval for entry is subject to pretesting, negative results do not mean automatic approval as permission to enter is still risk-based."

So my information was correct in the initial interpretation of the the directives. Even after uploading your negative results to the VisitJamaica.com site, you may still be denied depending on your risk based answers to the question.

Keep checking back for more clarity as this thing gets more formalized.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Re: A little more confusion....

Any way to get a list of the current risk assessment questions?

Administrator

User Info Menu

The VisitJamaica.com site starting tomorrow I assume.... they would have the new questions....

User Info Menu

Can't get as far as the questions as we are not travelling until November. Looks like you can only get further than the initial sign-in until three days before travel. I was hoping to see the questions well in advance so I would know that the trip is not possible well in advance of three days before. I would guess that the process and the questions will change by Nov, so I guess I'll wait until mid-Oct and start thread asking for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    The VisitJamaica.com site starting tomorrow I assume.... they would have the new questions....

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
    Can't get as far as the questions as we are not travelling until November. Looks like you can only get further than the initial sign-in until three days before travel. I was hoping to see the questions well in advance so I would know that the trip is not possible well in advance of three days before. I would guess that the process and the questions will change by Nov, so I guess I'll wait until mid-Oct and start thread asking for help.
    November? Lots WILL happen between now and then.... Keep aware of the changes and by mid-October you should have a good idea of what's what.

We will keep you updated here.

User Info Menu

Canadian Visitor in January 2021.. I

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    November? Lots WILL happen between now and then.... Keep aware of the changes and by mid-October you should have a good idea of what's what.

We will keep you updated here.
    Rob... Thanks for the intel. I have already booked our January 10, 2021 flight (14 days) and staying at Yellowbird Sea-Tel once again.... my 40th consecutive year in Negril, 37 years at Yellowbird and my 70th birthday as well... Important milestones to be celebrated in Negril and Yellowbird.... my home away from home!!

In your posts, if you could keep in mind Canadian tourists and potential protocols as we get into the November period that would be appreciated.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Canadian Visitor in January 2021.. I

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Henderson View Post
    Rob... Thanks for the intel. I have already booked our January 10, 2021 flight (14 days) and staying at Yellowbird Sea-Tel once again.... my 40th consecutive year in Negril, 37 years at Yellowbird and my 70th birthday as well... Important milestones to be celebrated in Negril and Yellowbird.... my home away from home!!

In your posts, if you could keep in mind Canadian tourists and potential protocols as we get into the November period that would be appreciated.
    I would, if there were any protocols for Canadians!

User Info Menu

Re: Canadian Visitor in January 2021.. I

So witty!