Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Kuyaba or Travellers? Suggestions?

User Info Menu

Kuyaba or Travellers? Suggestions?

Hoping to come again in Nov. or Dec. depending on Covid status & thinking of trying something new. In the past we've stayed at Sandals (1st trip long ago), Beaches twice, White Sands twice, Seastar once & GrandPineapple three times. I was looking at Kuyaba & Travellers & both look nice. We ate dinner once at Kuyaba & really liked the setting. Any suggestions? Thanks

User Info Menu

Re: Kuyaba or Travellers? Suggestions?

I have heard so many folks that like Travelers. but the beach area would be a deal breaker for me. It is not as pristine, nice, wide, and over all what i want in my beach area... ( i am spoiled as I have always stayed at Coco or White Sands. )... Also, it is at the very end of the beach, which also is the end, i do not prefer, as it is far away from alot of areas and places I go. We have friends that stay at Kuyaba, every April and enjoy it a lot...... I would go with Kuyaba, between the two.

User Info Menu

I have stayed at the Kuyaba five times and would highly recommend it. The staff is wonderful. The restaurant is one of the best on 7 mile. The location on 7 mile is great. See if the honeymooon suite is available. It's not that much more than a regular room. Order the jerk bamboo chicken, a stripe and enjoy!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stevens21 View Post
    I have stayed at the Kuyaba five times and would highly recommend it. The staff is wonderful. The restaurant is one of the best on 7 mile. The location on 7 mile is great. See if the honeymooon suite is available. It's not that much more than a regular room. Order the jerk bamboo chicken, a stripe and enjoy!
    Ditto! We always stayed in the honeymoon too.

Name:  Chick skews.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  1.89 MB
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Thank you all! I think Kuyaba is it! I know the food is great & the narrow beach plus end of the beach at Travelers was making me lean toward Kuyaba. You just confirmed it to me. I may split the trip between that & Westender Inn if I can convince my husband. He doesn't like moving once he unpacks

User Info Menu

I like to stay at Legends, right next door to Kuyaba. The price is right, the rooms are clean, but the part I really like is that they have daily free shuttles to their sister resort on the cliffs, Samsara, and can use both facilities. You can enjoy the best of both worlds, beach and cliffs, without changing resorts.

User Info Menu

We have stayed in the rustic cottage at Kuyaba and loved it! Great food, nice beach, nice bar.

User Info Menu

Is the beach as nice as the beach at Grand Pineapple or White Sands? I don't remember since I never stayed there, just ate there. One of the reasons we went to WS & GP more than once was the nice piece of beach they both sit on.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phineasfreakears View Post
    I like to stay at Legends, right next door to Kuyaba. The price is right, the rooms are clean, but the part I really like is that they have daily free shuttles to their sister resort on the cliffs, Samsara, and can use both facilities. You can enjoy the best of both worlds, beach and cliffs, without changing resorts.
    Every time we walk past Legends it seems to us that their beach area is fairly crowded with I assume are Legends and Samsara folks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SVW View Post
    Thank you all! I think Kuyaba is it! I know the food is great & the narrow beach plus end of the beach at Travelers was making me lean toward Kuyaba. You just confirmed it to me. I may split the trip between that & Westender Inn if I can convince my husband. He doesn't like moving once he unpacks
    That is a great Idea Kuyaba and Westender Inn